zipper for 1958 khaki shorts

flightmac

I have a pair of U.S.A.F. khaki shorts missing a bunch of teeth from it's zipper, almost half. It's in good shape otherwise. The missing teeth are scattered, not all on one end. The remaining teeth don't seem particularly corroded or anything. Does anyone know a source for a replacement, either NOS or an appropriate modern alternative? Next I'll have to find a good seamstress.

I know some will say leave it alone, just pin it together for display. But occasionally, about once a year; some of my vintage U.S.A.F. uniforms are worn at various functions as sort of "living history" at the A.F. Base where I work. Others in my collection I only put on display.

Thanks.

A little more information:

The slider has a vertically oriented RAPID on the "pull". Underneath the actual slider mechanism is marked USA with a P inside a C (doesn't look like a complete circle).

vintageproductions

My best advice is to find and buy another pair of the shorts in better condition.

If you do find a replacement zipper, you will be lucky and then the cost of having the shorts repaired would end up costing you more then it would to just find another pair.

Thank you for replying. I don't see them very often. I think I got them at the old Col Bubbie's in Galveston.