Everitt Knife Find

TALLYHO

There is no provenance on this knife other than it walked into a thrift shop out in Washington state and was put into a case with other items that are brought into sell. Customers can place bids on the items and after several weeks the high bidders are awarded the items. That being said you would be hard pressed to up grade from this one. The blade retains 100% of the black. There is a small chipping off the green paint mostly where the snap on the keeper makes contact. The keeper has a dark mark on it of unknown origin and is a bit dry. Question: Would it be advisable to treat the sheath with a leather dressing such as Pecards?

post-6195-0-55356000-1483050160_thumb.jpg

post-6195-0-59467800-1483050184.jpg

post-6195-0-74003600-1483050242.jpg

post-6195-0-07492100-1483050273.jpg

post-6195-0-01437800-1483050348_thumb.jpg

Dang some people have all the luck! Ha. Congratulations. Thats a nice one! I personally would do nothing to the leather and leave it as is. Most teatments darken the leather and take away from its originial appereance. I dont like what it does. Again thats a real find!

Good Lord...

That thing looks like it was manufactured yesterday.

As I stated a day or so ago, You. Are. Killing. Me. LoL

It's magnificent!

Just to add, while the leather "looks" good in the pic it's hard to tell how dry it really is. I agree that you don't want to do anything to darken it and Pecards would do that to some extent. You might check with SkipH as he's recommending using a natural shoe polish that apparently is giving some great results. (I'm gonna try it myself)

WOW! Super find, the stuff dreams are made of. I find some cool stuff at local thrift stores but knives are pretty rare. I have never heard of a thrift store holding silent auctions, think I need to get out some more.

I do have one question on this. I have a worn example and wondered how your thread your belt into the sheath when the keeper strap is riveted in the middle? Mine has a different rivet but original and in the same location. Mine shows no belt use either. The back part of the guard was also cut off, not sure that is common?

post-164571-0-85545500-1483128279.jpg

post-164571-0-78276700-1483128280.jpg

post-164571-0-65808000-1483128281.jpg

I've seen these knives modified before but not real common. Sometimes the guard is broken off or damaged. Just slip your strap through the belt loops like the OP's post and you should be able to slide the a utility best through it.

Yes the keeper straps are behind the sheath when they should be in front and it will go on a belt. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duh...feeling pretty silly right now...