Looking for Images/uniforms/artifacts of SoS Soldiers for book

CW4AFB

As many of you know, Pete Belmonte and I just finished our book on foreign-born soldiers in the AEF: "Many Roads Travelled: America's Foreign-born Doughboys." I am now working on another book for Schiffer about the Services of Supply in France 1917-1919.

If you have photographs of SoS soldiers or uniforms or their personal gear/souvenirs that you are willing to share for the book, please let me know---

I am particularly interested in images from the Mehun Ordnance Repair Camp, the Central Records Office and any of the port operations.

In return for you letting me use the images, I will give you caption credit and reference in the acknowledgements.

Best regards, for the New Year.

Al

I have a copy of History of the Ordnance Repair Shops, Mehun-sur-Yevre, France. The images are pretty low-res, but I can scan them if they're of interest.

Thank you for writing about the SoS and its associated units. I think this is a highly overlooked yet important set of soldiers and leaders that really made a difference in the US and overseas. When do you anticipate its release? What will your title be? Looking forward to your work!

Thank you for writing about the SoS and its associated units. I think this is a highly overlooked yet important set of soldiers and leaders that really made a difference in the US and overseas. When do you anticipate its release? What will your title be? Looking forward to your work!

Major Z---thanks for the kind words and support---I owe it to the publisher in June---working title is: Goodbye Broadway, Hello France: The Services of Supply in the AEF. Release would probably be late winter/early spring 2018

regards,

Al

• 1 month later...

I'm still working diligently on this project but would like to know if anybody here on the USMF owns a Postal Express Service uniform that they would be willing to share pictures of for the book.

best regards,

Al

I'm still working diligently on this project but would like to know if anybody here on the USMF owns a Postal Express Service uniform that they would be willing to share pictures of for the book.

best regards,

Al

Wonder if the new owner of this grouping is a forum member...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-US-WWI-Soldiers-Lot-Uniform-Gas-Mask-Leggings-Personal-J-R-Wentworth-/361850912882

post-5941-0-44804800-1486400419_thumb.jpg

What is the latest date that you would accept photos of SoS items? I know I owe you some pics and I have a professional resource to get them done right. Please advise and I'll get going sooner than later on this. Thanks again and good luck on this project!

What is the latest date that you would accept photos of SoS items? I know I owe you some pics and I have a professional resource to get them done right. Please advise and I'll get going sooner than later on this. Thanks again and good luck on this project!

Major Z--we still have some time left on the clock---I look forward to seeing what you have.

Al