Ski School Badge - Army ?

doughboy

Hi,

First let me say Merry Christmas to all of you.I have a question on two ski school badges that I bought a few weeks ago.I assumed that these were army badges but now I think they are civilian.Does someone of you know what they are.Any help would be appreciated.Thank you.

doughboy

post-15200-0-52704500-1482777321_thumb.jpg

post-15200-0-68490700-1482777331_thumb.jpg

Well,I think you are right.It could be Army outdoor recreation service.I didn't think of that.You really helped me - Thank you very much.

doughboy

I'm pretty sure they are ski school badges that you earned by taking lessons at the respective places indicated. When I was there (I stayed in the Gen Walker the 2nd to last night it was open) the skytop was sort of recreational beginners hill. However, Garmisch was a nice German resort with professional runs, etc.. and the US ran a rec center there . If you took ski lessons and passed the tests at the end you could qualify for one of the test badges in different levels (I-IV?) or colors (gold, silver, bronze), etc based upon level of ability you had. It is an international standard so you can see various badges from different resorts in France, Italy, etc, that will indicate international ski school (TEST) and they are different colors, or level numbers based upon the skiers ability. The one above looks bronze, which I believe means you can do a stem Christi style turn, etc., I expect the top badge is a level II badge which I believe means you can do a snow plow turn, etc., I think that goes to level IV, then you start the TEST type badges... I got some sort of badge when I was in Switzerland but I have no idea what it looks like or where it is from the mid 90's... I hope this helps a little bit. Bottom line I believe these are probably from the 50-90's.