Woven Master Airborne wings with ARVN Ranger beret badge

These two items were in a mixed group of insignia I recently picked up that included an assorted mix of stuff. I don't recall running across an airborne jump wing insignia like this before as it is woven embroidery and was just curious where or when it might have been made. The white threads are just a little bit thicker than other silk weave patches I have seen. Since it was with the ARVN ranger beret insignia I was wondering if it could be Vietnamese made or not. Since some advisers in Vietnam wore the ARVN berets, I was also curious if this bullion badge was legitimate or not though. The color is a little more maroon than it appears in the scan.

post-2744-0-44575000-1482589737_thumb.jpg

I wasn't sure about the black paper backing on the ranger insignia and was afraid it might be characteristic of something made in Pakistan.

post-2744-0-92714600-1482589978_thumb.jpg

​Those silk woven ones are cool.I have never seen or heard of them before.I don't ike the backing on the ARVN patch.Look's 80's Paki made.

Thanks firefighter, I had never seen silk weave like this either. You won't hurt my feelings on the ARVN badge, that's what I was thinking too but the bag of stuff these were in was fairly inexpensive so it was worth a chance:)

Thanks firefighter, I had never seen silk weave like this either. You won't hurt my feelings on the ARVN badge, that's what I was thinking too but the bag of stuff these were in was fairly inexpensive so it was worth a chance:)

I would have taken the same chance.