Tour Jackets

Tom Pearcy

I would like to see some really cool tour jackets from any era. I'll start by showing mine. I did the art work for it and had it made at a sew-sew shop in Kinville (Camp Hansen) when I was on Okinawa.

post-244-1171334270.jpg

General Apathy

post-344-1171379110.jpg

post-344-1171379139.jpg

Thanks for starting the thread. This is an early post-war German embroidered jacket I own, it is double sided. I had these shots already on my computer, but I will try to dig the jacket out again shortly and show the American patches that are also sewn onto the jacket. I wish I could add images of a beautiful WWII USMC double sided jacket I have, but thats well packed away somewhere, maybe some other time.

vintageproductions

pnttj.JPG

This first one is a Korean silk jacket with hand painted details. Was for a US Air Force unit stationed at K-55 area.

vintageproductions

saudtj.JPG

This one is defiantely an unusual one. It is a pink gaberdine body with heavy gold bullion embroidered details. Have never seen another from this airbase during the 60's.

vintageproductions

atomictj.JPG

50's Japanese made Atomic Bomb testing on Eniwetok Atoll. Have seen a few of these over the years and all but one was heavily stained like this one.

vintageproductions

5thtj.JPG

Just post-WWII 35th Fighter Squadron tour jacket. This is one of the just post-WWII where it is cut just like a Ike jacket.

vintageproductions

1stcavtj.JPG

Vietnam 1st Cavalry Division camo tour jacket. This one has great chain stitched graphics. Always one of my favorites out of Vietnam. Unfortunately this is also one of the designs that is heavily faked in Vietnam today.

vintageproductions
ertj.JPGNot quite a tour jacket but definately a tour vest. Korean made wool vest with a killer Ed Big Daddy Roth type design for the 2nd division army postal unit.

vintageproductions
mosqtj2.JPGmosqtj1.JPGThis will our last one for now. Korean war Japanese made for the 6147th Air Base Squadron, that was attached to a Mosquito squadron.

Thanx Rich and Vintage Productions. Thoes are some really great looking jackets. I hope we can keep the momentum going. I wanted to add that when I was on Okinawa in the mid 70's, every little ville had several embroidery shops and they were all stuffed with every example you could imagine. Really neat graphics. Most of it was Viet Nam vintage for the guys that arrived there for some R and R. COOOOOOOOL stuff! If I would have used my head (at the time too foggy from alchohol) I would have bought more.

My black velvet ones. One side only. They are reversable as are most of the "JAPAN" coats. The tiger head on one coat is supposed to be white. Sorry. Rich A.

vintageproductions
cbtj.JPGThe next is a just post WWII to late 40's. Purple gaberdine body with the insignia of the USN 6th SeaBees in the Philippines.

vintageproductions
medcrustj.JPGThis one is unusual. It is cut like a Japan jacket but non-reversible. Velvet body for a MED Cruise in 1969, and is attributed to Heavy Attack Squadron 10.

vintageproductions
18fbb.JPG18fbf.JPGThis one is a Korea War Reversible Japan Style for the 18th Fighter Bomber Wing . The inside has the exact same embroidered just on different colors.

vintageproductions
transf.JPGtransb.JPGLast one for now. German made, reversible for the 59th Transportation Company . Has a 7th Army seeven steps to hell patch directly embroidered on the sleeve. Also, on the front chest is a set of army pilot wings and a German made 59th Trans co patch. Same on the inside except it has a white body instead of blue.

• 2 years later...

One of mine.Made from a cut down winter reversible ski park. Belonged to one of my junior high school teachers.Korea 1947 31st Infantry

RD

post-342-1242964423.jpg post-342-1242964441.jpg

One of my favorites.Another local guy.9th Marines.Jacket is a black velvet material and white silk type lining.

RD

post-342-1242964633.jpg post-342-1242964646.jpg