Ka Bar USMC Iraq War Marine- Iraqi- Mongolian -Soldier

hooahmp2010

I decided to post this item here for insight as to age, quality, what it's worth etc. as well as the story of how I came to be in possession of it. (I haven't done any research on it, and haven't been able to identify it to any previous owner. A while back I posted two threads under "Spoils of War" relating to some additional items that I had obtained through trade, but did not include this as it doesn't classify as "foreign militaria" necessarily.

I was a young PFC in Kuwait at Camp Virginia (February 2004) mobilizing for our turn to go up North into Iraq. While at the camp, I had a lot of down time which involved lots of running around, chow etc. I had ran into two main groups of foreign Soldiers that I had approached and asked if they were willing to trade items. The first group were Polish Soldiers and I obtained some patches. The other group was an outgoing group of Mongolian Soldiers. I traded some cigarettes, cd player and some currency theirs and ours back and forth with a few Soldiers. One item in particular that I traded for was this Ka Bar knife. I asked the Mongolian Soldier where he got it from. His reply was that he got it from an Iraqi at some point during his Iraq tour rotation and he used it for utility purpose during his time of ownership. He said that the Iraqi told him he obtained it from a US Marine at some point prior to that. So...I came into ownership of this item. I stuffed it down in my green bag and never took much of a look at it that entire year. It made it's way home in my footlocker that I purchased overseas to bring items home easier. I have maintained ownership of the Ka bar since 2004. Inscribed on the back are some previous owner's names as well as mine. All comments welcome. Thanks for looking!

post-11538-0-08518300-1482454547.jpg

post-11538-0-74901000-1482454552.jpg