Let's see your bullion!

Lawdog

Not sure if this has been done before, but let's see who has bullion out there. Ill kick it off with mine. This German made bullion 7th Army patch is accompanied by this very rare German made bullion SEVEN STEPS TO HELL patch. Both insignia grace an extremely nice, German tailored 1945 pattern Ike jacket in my collection belonging to a WW2 7th Army veteran who was stationed post-war in Hammelberg, Germany with the 85th Field Artillery Batallion.

06f0ec638647b90440f7b2de1e64c4fb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I wish I knew what it was for. it is 17" or so,

For the back of a tour jacket?

P.S. I think I need new underwear after seeing all that bullion.

Even though there is a lack of bullion (outlined & lettering only) this is my best piece from a rarity standpoint. I've posted this before and have yet to come across another one. Written on the reverse is December 1943 China with the name of the USN SACO sailor's name which I confirmed on the SACO website. I was very lucky to find this piece on eBay which everyone missed as the seller wasn't aware of what it was and misidentified it as an unknown CBI USAAF squadron patch. I was the only person to bid on this piece so I got it pretty cheap as I can't see spending the exorbitant asking prices these patches usually sell for.

post-1389-0-75685000-1482871492_thumb.jpg