Named USAS Flying Coat

mammut08

Hi all,

A few photos of one of my favorite pieces. This is a USAS issue flying coat and it is named to Wilson Crook, 90th Aero. Army records indicate he made it to France a month after the cessation of hostilities, but a nince piece of history nonetheless.

Thanks for looking!

Dave

post-160270-0-95498500-1482160677.jpg

Army records indicate he made it to France a month after the cessation of hostilities, but a nince piece of history nonetheless

I found some information that says otherwise...

PERSONNEL OF 90th SQUADRON DURING ARGONNE-MEUSE OFFENSIVE

OFFICERS

Crook, Wilson W. .... 2nd Lieut. A. S., Pilot

919 Annex Ave., Dallas, Texas

This says he was overseas in Sept 1918 which would have put him there in time for the Meuse-Argonne Offensive.

post-109234-0-93743100-1482339245.jpg

post-109234-0-54000700-1482339254.jpg

Hi zsmith,

Where did you find this info? I seem to remember that Wings of Honor had him listed as a late comer, but I could be wrong - happens all the time.

Dave

Dave

Hi zsmith,

Where did you find this info?

Dave

The first bit is from THE NINETIETH AERO SQUADRON AMERICAN EXPEDITIONARY FORCES

https://archive.org/stream/ninetiethaerosqu00carv/ninetiethaerosqu00carv_djvu.txt

The photograph and bio are from History of Texas World War Heroes

https://books.google.com/books?id=K5vvAAAAMAAJ&pg=PA105&lpg=PA105&dq=%22crook%22+90th+aero+sq&source=bl&ots=PG-Pok9KAG&sig=pEuPQAasic2OZP3HOsb4bporlMk&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjl2fCN3YXRAhVGRiYKHX6pAwMQ6AEIKTAC#v=onepage&q=crook&f=false

that's excellent!, but what is the title of that reference? He is also listed in the 90th Aero unit history. And I see that our conversation is way out of sync :)

I did at one point locate what I'm sure was the grandson and attempted to contact through facebook, but received no response. Maybe I'll try again. Anyhow, thank you for these leads.

Best,

Dave