DE and MD

My son and I are headed to DC, Delaware, and Maryland on the 25th until the 30th of December. Already made plans to contact Teamski while out there. Anyone else want to try to meet up, send me a PM. Also, any suggestions of places to hit for patches?

We are going to get up to Fort McHenry and maybe Fort Howard one of those days.

Go to the top of Federal Hill and take in the view of the city. Federal troops occupied Baltimore during CW and had artillery on hill to keep the peace. You can go to the Betty Ross house too, all within 10 minute drive through city.

Go to the top of Federal Hill and take in the view of the city. Federal troops occupied Baltimore during CW and had artillery on hill to keep the peace. You can go to the Betty Ross house too, all within 10 minute drive through city.

Thanks Alec

So many historical places to see in Baltimore. The triple crown would be the Star Spangled Banner at the Smithsonian; Ft. McHenry where it flew; and Mary Pickersgill's home who created the flag. (I think Alec may be thinking of her vice Betsy Ross.) Also take a look at the Maryland Museum of Military History located at the 5th Regiment Armory. You need to call ahead first to make sure they're open http://www.marylandmuseumofmilitaryhistory.org

So many historical places to see in Baltimore. The triple crown would be the Star Spangled Banner at the Smithsonian; Ft. McHenry where it flew; and Mary Pickersgill's home who created the flag. (I think Alec may be thinking of her vice Betsy Ross.) Also take a look at the Maryland Museum of Military History located at the 5th Regiment Armory. You need to call ahead first to make sure they're open http://www.marylandmuseumofmilitaryhistory.org

Thanks for the suggestions!

If you are going to the Smithsonian I would suggest the Price of Freedom exhibit, it chronicles American at war from about 1750 onward.