Fake: M2 of Lt. Joseph Shelton 505th PIR - jkash

jkash23686

Patchcollector

I also believe others are involved , this is an operation on a grand scale and I find it very strange that there are some members on here that are known helmet collectors that have not once chimed in , funny that for a massive fraud case within the forum made by a once respected member. I hope this case gets blown wide open so we get to the bottom of this.

What.Are you serious?Because some of the helmet collectors have'nt commented that automatically makes them suspects in "the conspiracy"?

USMC-RECON0321

He did say he informed an admin of the forum with a name that was left out of the chain of custody and that this same "collector" is one of the reasons he believed the Shelton helmet was a fake, because of the style of the name painted on the helmet that he's seen on his other helmets (I assume considered or known fakes also). So I think it would be nice to know this piece of the puzzle if it's considered truthful and reliable information.

First thing, the Shelton helmet. I believe to be a fake from the get go after further inspection. I noticed, the buttons on the straps looked crimped like the ones where people add non factory snaps to straps as well as the fluff that comes though. After looking at the feet to me it started its life as a fixed bail. Also the style of the name i have seen before on other helmets of a specific collector, who originally was excluded from the chain of ownership when I first got the helmet. I have sent all the info on that to one of the admins, as to not seem like I am trying to shift blame on anyone else.

Lastly, as for an explanation, lets be honest, is there really anything I could put here thats not going to make a few people here who like to just be confrontational no matter what? What I will say, is that I originally was asked to paint some helmet for other people, since I could paint, and I did a few for vets as well, and it just got out of control and for that I'm sorry.

-j

He did say he informed an admin of the forum with a name that was left out of the chain of custody and that this same "collector" is one of the reasons he believed the Shelton helmet was a fake, because of the style of the name painted on the helmet that he's seen on his other helmets (I assume considered or known fakes also). So I think it would be nice to know this piece of the puzzle if it's considered truthful and reliable information.

+1

What.Are you serious?Because some of the helmet collectors have'nt commented that automatically makes them suspects in "the conspiracy"?

Actually, I have been surprised that this accusation didn't occur earlier. I've spoken with MANY helmet collectors in the last week as you might guess and the reason they are not posting is simple: They have enough drama in their personal lives without listening to unfounded accusations.

Patchcollector

Actually, I have been surprised that this accusation didn't occur earlier. I've spoken with MANY helmet collectors in the last week as you might guess and the reason they are not posting is simple: They have enough drama in their personal lives without listening to unfounded accusations.

Yes,I can't blame them.If one wants to stay above the fray that is their personal decision.They shouldn't have to face suspicion and/or accusations of participation in a conspiracy that has yet to be proven just because they did not comment in the thread.

Suggestion...some of you guys get together and make a list of questions that you would like Jamie to answer...instead of them being flung out there willy-nilly.

The forum can provide the platform that both parties can use for a dialogue. We can't make any individual respond or answer.

I understand that there are some folks hurt because of the loss of faith...trust and money...but all the ranting, raving or name calling will not solve this.

If we can help some of the affected people get a refund that is a positive situation. I promise you that you can keep your opinion whatever it maybe.A lot of speculation is being bandied about...None of our Administration or Moderator's have impeded the search for the truth and our patience has paid off.

So get your list and present it...see if you get the answers you seek...time will tell.

I've just returned from a week in Normandy and spent quite some time on helmet hunting. I was very surprised to see one of Jamie's helmets turn up for sale in one of the militaria shops. An MP helmet. I thought it looked familiar as soon as I saw it. The one with the sloppy painting.

Rich

I've just returned from a week in Normandy and spent quite some time on helmet hunting. I was very surprised to see one of Jamie's helmets turn up for sale in one of the militaria shops. An MP helmet. I thought it looked familiar as soon as I saw it. The one with the sloppy painting.

Rich

That MP you are refering to came from Salles Military Antiques. Also I know where that one currently sits and its not in a military shop unless they sold it.

Burning Hazard

Rich

This the one?

post-8715-0-44025200-1503352734_thumb.jpg

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Who did you paint those helmets for and are they selling them?

How many helmets did you paint?

Who knew you were painting helmets because not once do I recall you mentioning that you could paint helmets?

Who here knew Kash was painting helmets?

There are people who knew and there are people who didn't know you painted helmets.

So was painting helmets a secret ?

And who was in on the secret?

far back in this thread somebody pulled up a post from like 2011 when jkash said he was asked to paint some helmets for some military ceremony, he didn't want to do it to real shells, but the customer didn't want to pay for repros and somebody suggested belgian ones. I think it started then.

Forum Manager

Suggestion...some of you guys get together and make a list of questions that you would like Jamie to answer...instead of them being flung out there willy-nilly.

The forum can provide the platform that both parties can use for a dialogue. We can't make any individual respond or answer.

I understand that there are some folks hurt because of the loss of faith...trust and money...but all the ranting, raving or name calling will not solve this.

If we can help some of the affected people get a refund that is a positive situation. I promise you that you can keep your opinion whatever it maybe.A lot of speculation is being bandied about...None of our Administration or Moderator's have impeded the search for the truth and our patience has paid off.

So get your list and present it...see if you get the answers you seek...time will tell.

All that are posting right now, heed what Tarbridge is saying. Make a list of questions that are fact based and not hearsay and ask them. Quit just slinging mud against the wall to see what sticks, because by doing this you are just making this thread more complicated and confusing.

We ask that you keep this thread fact based. I have seen numerous personal messages will all kinds of conspiracy theories about who and what was involved with these helmets. When I commented "prove it", the silence became deafening. If you have FACTS post them, if you have conspiracy theories don't post them.

Also there are a lot of posts that make me just shake my head and are reminded of the saying " people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones". I am referring to some members on the USMF who are not as righteous as they present themselves (but have never done anything bad enough to get banned or set to inactive yet), maybe they should stop commenting.

I am going to remind everyone that when the dust finally settles on this subject the moderating team and Admin's are going to go through this very carefully and see who handled themselves professionally and who didn't and it will move forward from there.

FM

This the one?

Yes - that's it. It's now in Sainte Marie Du Mont.

Static line is no longer in Sainte Mere Eglise and is now an appointment only shop in Caen.

Yes - that's it. It's now in Sainte Marie Du Mont.

Static line is no longer in Sainte Mere Eglise and is now an appointment only shop in Caen.

I contacted who bought it form me and they still have it so its not the same one. And I got it from them using their site. I wasnt saying that you saw it there.

Can I just ask one question that has been asked repeatedly by multiple members....

Can you identify which helmets you personally painted?

The standard you walk past is the standard you set

Going after members who have had the good sense to not post here is asinine. The fact that people are now "questioning" why these members were not posting, only proves that they had the good foresight to stay away... I applaud them. Now, the rest of you, put your crackerjack spy rings away and help make this better.

Jkash, I don’t really care you faked helmets, I do care about the money but it seems your trying to do the righty on that, I think it’s good because now it’s a catalysts to make people more shrewd about things like this. You doing this has basically made it harder for the next person.

At the end of the day you’ll disappear from here and just become a story that is told by the helmet collecting guys.

I do however like how now the "original" Shelton helmet is being questioned further not only by jkash but by others, I'm by no means a helmet "guru" but didn't i ask some very valid questions in a very polite manner early on of the two previous owners whom just decided they didn't want to play anymore.

Also questioning the chain of ownership and the alleged story behind the helmet being found?

Also didn't I ask opinions about the repaired bails being suspect and showing comparisons to other jkash helmets?

To all of which I got crickets.

Also I think “guru” is the wrong word, that term denotes someone who is a "teacher, guide, expert, or master" of certain knowledge or field.

Has anyone put together a list of questions for Jamie to answer? I had several that weren't addressed. I'll put them all in one place incase they were overlooked. Anyone please feel free to piggyback off of this post.

Did you paint helmets for forum members here and elsewhere? How long have you been painting helmets up with the rare unit markings? And do you have a catalogue for us to use on what helmets out there are yours?

Were you the only person painting the helmets? Were there others involved and if so who, when, and how many?

Why do you believe the Shelton helmet was fake to begin with? Who faked it? What other helmets are fake that that person has produced?

doinworkinvans

Jamie... it is a shame what has occurred but thank you for beginning to step up and take blame when it would have been easier to run. For that I give you credit. I also am of the school of thought that we might learn more from him and completely banning him might not be the answer.

"Let whoever is without fault cast the first stone"

Why? If this was any other member they would've been gone long ago

That statement is incorrect and your opinion. It has been known...said and explained that we were allowing Jamie the opportunity to answer and give explanations.You have been here the whole thread and should have seen it posted multiple times.

I'm not going to lie. What happened here sucks and I've just been watching the comments up until now cause I had nothing to add that would be beneficial to the thread.

That being said. I believe Jamie is still very knowledgeable on airborne helmets and spotting fakes. Which yes I understand he used his knowledge for wrong and there should be repercussions (which some have set in already) but I still feel if he was banned as quite a few members are suggesting, then we would still be losing a huge source of knowledge... Whether someone trusts any knowledge he shares is a different story.

I feel like he can still help this community even though he also harmed it. I think it'd be most beneficial to put him on probation, even if that means just leaving him unable to sell rather than banning him all together.

But that's just how I feel as someone outside of the situation who isn't seeing red.

Jake