Fake: M2 of Lt. Joseph Shelton 505th PIR - jkash

jkash23686

Can we all slow down a bit please, and allow some space for explanation?

I have NO dog in this fight, at all, but I believe everybody deserves an opportunity to tell their side.

There are a lot of interpretations of "just got out of control" - why doesn't anyone want to understand that?

I took the comment about being "confrontational" to mean there's nothing that can be said to satisfy everybody. Ironically, based on the first responses, that appears right.

He started with an apology, and there appears to be refund activities happening; let's take a breath.

One of the differentiators of our forum is the culture we create around the hobby; striving to be a community versus just a member list. If this was your friend, spouse, child, etc, think about what you would do next.

Scott (Bugme) said something early on in this topic, which resonated with me. I'll paraphrase, as I'm not going to dig for it. It was really the hope that nobody else ever made a mistake to be met with the reaction of some of the membership here.

Humans make mistakes, and they are also capable of showing their humanity in other ways too - like compassion, forgiveness, etc. Sorry to get preachy, but for crying out loud, more venom is not the path to healing.

I can only choose the way I react, you choose yours.

I agree. He's refunding money, and making things "right", however I do think a list should be shared of those helmets that he is refunding money for. However, to those who were directly impacted by his actions, I can't really blame them for their responses; I know I would have reacted the same way.

Obviously his name in this hobby has been damaged beyond repair, as this thread will live on in perpetuity on the forum and in online search engines. Further to that, I can only imagine the ramifications to his business and future employers, many of whom conduct background checks, to include searching the prospective employees name. That's his cross to bear, now.

Lastly, I agree that we should hold off on a ban until additional questions have been answered.

How do we even know that the list that HE puts together of "faked" helmets would be legit?

There is a saying in the law: false in one, false in all

Archangel I would be suspect that he is being truthful about your helmet, no offense.

I for one vote to ban him now.

How do we even know that the list that HE puts together of "faked" helmets would be legit?

There is a saying in the law: false in one, false in all

Archangel I would be suspect that he is being truthful about your helmet, no offense.

I for one vote to ban him now.

It will not happen now...there are folks that want answers if possible...

May I just say banning him is a waste. If he wants he will just sign up with a new username. He could already have other names. Anyone can. Restricting his access to certain threads would be most productive and likely satisfy everyone.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Ok, so what do you guys want? Some wanted him to answer and then minutes after he did, you want him quickly banned. And other want him to answer questions which he can't do if he is banned. Maybe you gurus need to communicate with each other.

The crowd need to vent.

Patchcollector

I held off posting directly after JKash's appearance because,out of respect,I wanted the people that were directly affected by his actions,and that wish to,to have their say first.IMO people should not be telling others what,or what not to say.Let the process run it's course.
I'm not part of the helmet collecting family,but I can understand the venting that is happening here.I know if something like this occurred in the patch collecting arena I would be doing the same thing,at first.

That said I would like to add this:
I want to commend you JKash for doing the right thing.You've shown up to face your peers and that cannot be an easy thing,considering what you've done.If you follow through and continue to give refunds until all that are due them are repaid that will go a long way towards paying your debt.
I also hope that you continue to answer any relevant questions that may be asked of you regarding the helmets.

May I just say banning him is a waste. If he wants he will just sign up with a new username. He could already have other names. Anyone can. Restricting his access to certain threads would be most productive and likely satisfy everyone.Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I agree with this (and I am financially affected)

Was the Shelton helmet from Europe?

And why how did you get it?

Who is original artist and who did they work for?

The veteran Shelton story where did that come from?

And why did the story change?

If you knew it was a fake why did you take it?

I held off posting directly after JKash's appearance because,out of respect,I wanted the people that were directly affected by his actions,and that wish to,to have their say first.IMO people should not be telling others what,or what not to say.Let the process run it's course.

I'm not part of the helmet collecting family,but I can understand the venting that is happening here.I know if something like this occurred in the patch collecting arena I would be doing the same thing,at first.

That said I would like to add this:

I want to commend you JKash for doing the right thing.You've shown up to face your peers and that cannot be an easy thing,considering what you've done.If you follow through and continue to give refunds until all that are due them are repaid that will go a long way towards paying your debt.

I also hope that you continue to answer any relevant questions that may be asked of you regarding the helmets.

I

can't help but laugh at you. Commend the guy who has bilked people out of thousands of dollars.

Patchcollector

Many here thought he wouldn't even show up here,much less start giving refunds,so yeah,I commend him for what he has done so far,and I exhort him to continue to do so.

For the record, Jamie has given me a full refund for the 2/501st helmet. I can provide evidence if anyone wants. FWIW, I have two others that came from him (one indirectly from another member).

Who did you paint those helmets for and are they selling them?

How many helmets did you paint?

Who knew you were painting helmets because not once do I recall you mentioning that you could paint helmets?

Who here knew Kash was painting helmets?

There are people who knew and there are people who didn't know you painted helmets.

So was painting helmets a secret ?

And who was in on the secret?

USMC-RECON0321

I agree, keep it open but civil to try and get some answers. As others have stated, I'm not directly affected myself by this, but indirectly, it affects us all.

Keep in mind any helmet list he puts together, there would be a demand for a refund of each. So maybe it will be complete, maybe not? How many and how much $$ will determine that. As many have stated, his future in the military collecting community is pretty much over at this point, so what would be the benefit to him? Maybe to avoid a fraud prosecution at best.

I for one would like to give him the chance to come clean on the chain of custody background of the Shelton Helmet he mentioned earlier (see below, but a name was not given openly), and the names of anyone else in on these creations (making, selling, trading etc).

Jamie, you mentioned you painting helmets for others in the beginning and that's where it spun out of control. I didn't even know you painted helmets. So did it spin out of control, because you seen one of your creations you did for someone privately, get sold as an original for big money? I'm thinking there may be more names that can be tied to all this or pushing known fakes anyway. Since the cards are on the table, lets turn them ALL over and see who's in the game.

Just so you all know, no I'm not ducking anyone. I was actually in Africa from the 5th, so yes some people in this day and age do go off the grid for 2 weeks.

First thing, the Shelton helmet. I believe to be a fake from the get go after further inspection. I noticed, the buttons on the straps looked crimped like the ones where people add non factory snaps to straps as well as the fluff that comes though. After looking at the feet to me it started its life as a fixed bail. Also the style of the name i have seen before on other helmets of a specific collector, who originally was excluded from the chain of ownership when I first got the helmet. I have sent all the info on that to one of the admins, as to not seem like I am trying to shift blame on anyone else.

Sorry but have to agree with this also. If not Jamie, someone? Any chain of ownership?

I'm always amused when these things occur and guys rail against and undermine the efficacy of legal action (either civil suits or criminal complaints) and then are so relieved when someone pays. Does anyone sane really believe that the decision to pay is not based upon the prospect of civil lawsuits and criminal complaints and prosecution? So posting that legal action "won't be successful" and "you can't win" and "it will cost more than you'll get" helps whom? It helps humpers and hurts the chances of refund, and is also usually bad advise from those don't know enough to not know what they don't know.

As for the whole "guru" thing, it's an age old phenomenon, best exemplified by the fable, "The Emperor's New Clothes". Humans are social animals and we all want acceptance in our group. Groups have "leaders", real or perceived, and from forums this is apparent. These "leaders" establish certain "norms", the rules of the tribe or pack, as it were. Humans have a tendency to fall into line and compete with each other to make the "leaders" happy, based upon the norms, with the idea that their status will in turn be improved. If a leader buys a helmet from a certain person, and all praise the helmet and seller, then that becomes a group "norm". Disapproval of a helmet or seller becomes frowned upon. Thus, important criticisms and discussions are ignored, or worse, censored.

This is a best case, for any forum, ours, yours, this one. The worst case is when the "leaders" are aiding and abetting, or engaged in "winking" at the sale of humped items. IMHO, that happens and has happened at other places due to the abuse of the "group think" concept. That what his happened with respect to this situation is regrettably somewhat inevitable under these conditions, in any hobby forum. The key is recognizing it and correcting it ASAP before it infects the hobby. It has been handled properly here, IMHO.

I woke up this AM to see that I had recieved a full refund via PP for funds I had paid towards a 508th (painted fireball) helmet. I then requested a full refund for the vesicant camo 3/505th that I bought from him earlier this year (pic of it, in an earlier post) He just messaged me that he will indeed refund my money on that helmet, as soon as PP unlocks his account, which they have done because of all the refund requests. Will update, when refund is received.

That's 3 refunds so far?

And a frozen PP account.

Things will slow down no doubt.

Its 3 that you know of because of being vocal on the forum, not all of them a few have chosen to just contact directly.

Its 3 that you know of because of being vocal on the forum, not all of them a few have chosen to just contact directly.

such a good guy