Fake: M2 of Lt. Joseph Shelton 505th PIR - jkash

jkash23686

I think many of us will be surprised if he joins this thread...refunds money or explains and answers all questions concerning his actions.

It was worth more as a real Shelton with provenance than a real camo without provenance depending on the buyer.

It was worth more as a real Shelton with provenance than a real camo without provenance depending on the buyer.

Exactly and this is whats being over looked in my opinion

A documented battlefield bring back(in theory) then fugged-up into a Willie Wonka colored helmet with no documentation :blink::dry:

It would be nice to get to the truth on the Sheldon helmet but it was only a stumbling block that opened into a more nefarious world of faked helmets.

And smart people, not knowing the difference, buying and selling them.

So there must be a few people who are interested in setting this all straight.

Be the first to witness the unscrambling of an egg.

Patchcollector

At first,like others here,I thought that the Shelton helmet could be a fake to begin with.
After all,why would anyone ruin a piece of history like that?
Then someone discovered that the Shelton helmet had been "parted out",and a second helmet was Frankensteined.
The sweatband was still missing.Could a third helmet have been planned down the road?
So,the answer could be simple.Money.Multiple helmets will bring more than a single one.

At first,like others here,I thought that the Shelton helmet could be a fake to begin with.

Then someone discovered that the Shelton helmet had been "parted out",and a second helmet was Frankensteined.

The sweatband was still missing.Could a third helmet have been planned down the road?

So,the answer could be simple.Money.Multiple helmets will bring more than a single one.

I do agree with this but the Shelton helmet would bring a lot if original

Isnt it strange that we have a seller here(Kashboy) who is well connected in the helmet world.Has a webb site and does ebay.But he cant get the Shelton helmet sold so he goat fugged it.

again if the Shelton helmet was/is "so real" it would have a world wide selling platform on the webb and why wasn't any of the European airborne collectors chasing this?These guys live for this stuff.

Doucumented reinforced suits have sold in the 5 digit figures in the past.There was a painted airborne helmet that sold on one of the cataloged European auctions for 0ver 40,000 euros a few years ago.But we have a Airborne helmet here that had to be reborn...I don't buy it

Just saying there is no reason to fake one real helmet here into two by putting a little make up on it and selling the camo virtually undocumented.Then marring the liner to a cousin just to make the family happy.

Putting a sweatband into a helmet with Sheltons name only on it would raise flags down the road(as many may recognize it) unless another ranger helmet showed up and a Ranger vets name with Shelton could be tied to a ranger

As the saying goes you can put lipstick on a pig but you still have a pig.....

Ok

So he's going to appear like the Easter bunny refunding people telling everyone sorry ?

You guys are living in cloud cookoo land

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So it is your contention that turds cannot be polished?

There was a painted airborne helmet that sold on one of the cataloged European auctions for 0ver 40,000 euros a few years ago.

hello

also fake helmet return to auction house by buyer ......

olivier

hello

also fake helmet return to auction house by buyer ......

Olivier

Yes it was fake

Even from the pictures you could tell it was bad and liner wasn't WW2...but some one bought it whether they returned it or not and it took two bidders to run it that far.

The point you missed is people are willing to pay major cash for certain helmets

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah don't sugar coat it Owen. Tell us how you really feel.

I'm sorry guys. I'm not making fun of this situation. What has happened to you guys who have purchased helmets from jkash have a lot at stake and I sincerely hope that you are refunded your money. This is a terrible, terrible thing that has happened to our hobby. We all knew this crap goes on but never expected it to come from someone that had so much trust among forum members.....one of our own. It is always my hope that something good can come from a bad situation. That is the case here. Maybe the fakers will think twice before faking a helmet and trying to pass it off. Maybe, maybe, maybe if your aunt had a beard she'd be your uncle. Well I can hope. Well then again maybe I'm like Owen....living in la la land.

Ronnie

R

He was not one of out own.

o

There is not more money in an altered/messed with helmet than in an original ID'ed M2. If original, the Shelton helmet would have been left alone and would have sold very quickly for a high sum.

Patchcollector

There is not more money in an altered/messed with helmet than in an original ID'ed M2. If original, the Shelton helmet would have been left alone and would have sold very quickly for a high sum.

The point was that he allegedly made two helmets from one,which should bring more money than a single helmet would,yes?

Also,some have stated that he wouldn't destroy an authentic helmet,but if he has been faking helmets for years then I would question his "love" for history and the hobby.

If his helmets are bogus,then his backstory would also likely be a sham IMO.

ParanormalTrooper

The Shelton M2 went unsold for $7,400 on the forum, remember?

The Shelton M2 went unsold for $7,400 on the forum, remember?

Not really sure what that means though. IMO there is a LOT of good stuff that goes unsold on the forum. Some of it goes to eBay and sells for twice what it was offered for here. I don't think this is the venue for high end items.