Fake: M2 of Lt. Joseph Shelton 505th PIR - jkash

jkash23686

And the chain of ownership, if I may be so brave, as established by process of elimination here is not as it seems.

More information, which lacks at this time, is needed by the people who know.

And according to Bugme can we breath a sigh of releif now that we know it will be taken care of?

So 17 posts have been deleted.....hhhmmm... :lol:

Last couple of folks have been telling me that...now I know why they don't correspond.

...And according to Bugme can we breath a sigh of relief now that we know it will be taken care of?

Noooo, I passed along HIS promise that this would be taken care of by HIM.

I, Me, Myself, Bugme, Scott, Husband, Father and Forum Admin... have never said that anything would be taken care of -or- that you can feel any sort of relief. Please refrain from putting words and promises in my mouth.

You're just the messenger we know.

What you transferred to us was clear.

Jamie is going to take care of it.

It was not my intention to bestow that responsibility on you.

The inference was that the info came from you and that Jamie was going to make it right.

You were right to take it the wrong way.

30 pages of facts...accusations...emotions...conjectures...disbelief...and disappointment...and it's okay to post 30 more pages if needed.There are trusts and friendships broken, in some cases...vindication.But we are spinning our wheels...rehashing the same information...Yep...beating a dead horse.

Until some new information has been discovered, it's a stalemate.Now if Ol' Jamie boy appears...we have a new ball game.So, give us a sign Jamie...

This thread honestly is not a joke...there are many folks out there it has cost considerable amounts of money. In this game I wishfully hope all the affected parties will eventually win.

Wiser words I've never heard. Well said!

Words that dont mean anything, yet the faker guy is blocking people from his site.

I get it. I'm not trying to convince you. I'm just saying that I am persuaded, for my own reasons, that Jamie is on an African nature reserve with very poor internet service, and will return from his trip. Others choose difference evidence and that may also be very reasonable. What happens after that I don't know but the clock is ticking and we'll all find out. I'm not in the position to make further claims or predictions regarding someone I hardly know.

Patchcollector

What happens after that I don't know but the clock is ticking and we'll all find out.

I too have no idea what is going to happen in the future but this is what I'm hoping for.

I hope that everyone that wants a refund gets it,and I hope that the Shelton helmet is restored to a state that is as close to what it originally was and is given back to the Shelton Family free of charge.

You can mark off Bill Brooks of Alabama...he has no earthly clue about the helmet, he also has no real idea of who the other named folks are...so no link in the ownership chain.This information was garnered from a private phone conversation between Bill and myself.

I had him marked off already.

Well now where did it come from?

And the veteran story here is very similar to a real story about Mr. Leonard of the 82ndAB 504thPIR who lost his M-42 in Holland and another vet picked it up.

I started a thread about it a couple years ago.

You can mark off Bill Brooks of Alabama...he has no earthly clue about the helmet, he also has no real idea of who the other named folks are...so no link in the ownership chain.This information was garnered from a private phone conversation between Bill and myself.

So there isn't a Bill Brooks who lived in Maryland as stated in a time line earlier...or Did Alabama Bill live in Maryland at one time?

I know Alabama Bill from his Soldier of Fortune Magazine days and Viet Nam lists.

Alabama Bill never lived in Maryland...there was another Bill Brooks who was in ASMIC etc.

So Bama Bill is not in the narrative but there maybe one who lived in Maryland and was involved...no clue.

Burning Hazard

Please note everyone when jkash returns: Before he gets bombarded with refund requests, name calling or his other website helmets etc, he FIRSTLY needs to answer Shelton's helmet that was repainted into a camo 82nd airborne at the beginning of the thread.

I don't think anyone wants to see a massive fracas that will divert the attention from the original purpose of this thread, don't let him use the confusion to his advantage by turning any accusations against you and cause the thread to get closed by erupting emotions, I've seen this happen a lot.

Just some thoughts

Pat

Please note everyone when jkash returns: Before he gets bombarded with refund requests, name calling or his other website helmets etc, he FIRSTLY needs to answer Shelton's helmet that was repainted into a camo 82nd airborne at the beginning of the thread.

I don't think anyone wants to see a massive fracas that will divert the attention from the original purpose of this thread, don't let him use the confusion to his advantage by turning any accusations against you and cause the thread to get closed by erupting emotions, I've seen this happen a lot.

Just some thoughts

Pat

I too have no idea what is going to happen in the future but this is what I'm hoping for.

I hope that everyone that wants a refund gets it,and I hope that the Shelton helmet is restored to a state that is as close to what it originally was and is given back to the Shelton Family free of charge.

But...

In my mind the Shelton helmet hasn't been proven to be an original that was then altered to a camo.There has been things established.There was a 1st Div vet who was verified but was he really in Belgium for the Battle of the Buldge?Is he listed on any morning reports or rosters etc for that time period.??Maybe I missed that part.

As stated several times through out there isn't any logic or real benefit from taking an identified battle field and documented helmet and turning it into a fake camo with no documentation.The Shelton helmet as viewed as original has way more value than a camo with no documentation...doesn't it??

Members cant wrap their mind around why a real helmet would be destroyed or tampered with.More likely a fake was made into a better fake.

+3

The provenance of the helmet needs to be established.

But it won't be because a new story will appear.

Kash comes home people start getting refund money, there is music in the air, singing, laughing, rejoicing and hugs for everyone.

The only people paying any attention to the Sheldon lid are the guys who compare scratches to scratches.

We will come back to this again when they recognize it in some other disguise on some other day.

Burning Hazard

The only people paying any attention to the Sheldon lid are the guys who compare scratches to scratches.

Yes, comparing scratches to scratches can yield some amazing things, including fakes; It's been done on this forum many times, we call it "amateur detective work".

Ok

So he's going to appear like the Easter bunny refunding people telling everyone sorry ?

You guys are living in cloud cookoo land

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah don't sugar coat it Owen. Tell us how you really feel.

I'm sorry guys. I'm not making fun of this situation. What has happened to you guys who have purchased helmets from jkash have a lot at stake and I sincerely hope that you are refunded your money. This is a terrible, terrible thing that has happened to our hobby. We all knew this crap goes on but never expected it to come from someone that had so much trust among forum members.....one of our own. It is always my hope that something good can come from a bad situation. That is the case here. Maybe the fakers will think twice before faking a helmet and trying to pass it off. Maybe, maybe, maybe if your aunt had a beard she'd be your uncle. Well I can hope. Well then again maybe I'm like Owen....living in la la land.

Ronnie

Owen I hoped you would answer to that.

What's easier getting that first $100 and thinking more will come or imagining your fake helmet is real.

Seriously though now that jkash made this announcement how do you think it will play out?

Ok

So he's going to appear like the Easter bunny refunding people telling everyone sorry ?

You guys are living in cloud cookoo land

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1

What can be done or salvaged.....

He may pay the money back?..(may)

He has to explain why he took a real helmet and fudged it up

If it was real to begin with he will be crucified no matter who he pays back..a real

If its a fake and he knew it then he has to explain why he camoed it into another fake...no win situation and no way to talk himself out of it.

There is no good answer and why should he be believed after whats been proven so far ?

Burning Hazard

All I want to know is why he took that M2 belonging to "Shelton" and turned it into a camo 82nd for big $$, that's all.

Probably won't ever get that answer though.... :(