Fake: M2 of Lt. Joseph Shelton 505th PIR - jkash

jkash23686

A few additional facts on the reported chain of custody:

Per NARA, Reuben R. Summerfold, born in 1903, Ser# 20204431 of Kings County, NY (Brooklyn) enlisted in New Haven, CT in 1945.

New York state records in Ancestry show he had first enlisted in the New York National Guard in 1923. It appears as though he served in the Guard until October 1940. (except for a six year gap from 1927 - 1933). On October 22, 1940 he received an Honorable Discharge and re-enlisted in Battery B, 186th Field Artillery for 3 years. He had previously served in Co. B, 106th Infantry. There is a note that he "transferred by 'redesignation'" to Battery B, 186th as a First Sergeant. On December 17, 1945 he received an Honorable Discharge to enlist in RA. (I assume RA means Regular Army.) The 1945 enlistment date in NARA seems to refer to the Dec. '45 enlistment.

According to the U.S. Army Center of Military History website http://www.history.army.mil/html/reference/Normandy/asltforce.html

, the 186th Field Artillery Battalion (155mm howitzers) was a non-divisional unit that participated in the Normandy Invasion. According to the U.S. Army Combined Arms Center http://usacac.army.mil/CAC2/CGSC/CARL/nafziger/944ULAA.pdf

, the 186th FA was attached to V Corps during the Battle of the Bulge.

Mr. Summerfold died in July 1966 in Florida.

So, his unit was in the Bulge area during the battle. It looks like he could have picked up a helmet. Also, as part of a FA unit, and as a First Sergeant, it is likely he would have had ready access to a vehicle in which he could have carried a "found" helmet.

Tom

Per NARA, Reuben R. Summerfold, born in 1903, Ser# 20204431 of Kings County, NY (Brooklyn) enlisted in New Haven, CT in 1945.

New York state records in Ancestry show he had first enlisted in the New York National Guard in 1923. It appears as though he served in the Guard until October 1940. (except for a six year gap from 1927 - 1933). On October 22, 1940 he received an Honorable Discharge and re-enlisted in Battery B, 186th Field Artillery for 3 years. He had previously served in Co. B, 106th Infantry. There is a note that he "transferred by 'redesignation'" to Battery B, 186th as a First Sergeant. On December 17, 1945 he received an Honorable Discharge to enlist in RA. (I assume RA means Regular Army.) The 1945 enlistment date in NARA seems to refer to the Dec. '45 enlistment.

The Ancestry document referred to: (front)

post-8013-0-46910700-1502853964_thumb.jpg

I inferred that he knew something was going on, but I don't know how much. I don't think he's been able to access the forum from where he's at, so maybe just email.

Priceless.

UUUUUm the game is up.

He knows that.

Hes on his accounts.

That much is clear.

According to the U.S. Army Center of Military History website http://www.history.army.mil/html/reference/Normandy/asltforce.html

, the 186th Field Artillery Battalion (155mm howitzers) was a non-divisional unit that participated in the Normandy Invasion. According to the U.S. Army Combined Arms Center http://usacac.army.mil/CAC2/CGSC/CARL/nafziger/944ULAA.pdf

So, his unit was in the Bulge area during the battle. It looks like he could have picked up a helmet. Also, as part of a FA unit, and as a First Sergeant, it is likely he would have had ready access to a vehicle in which he could have carried a "found" helmet.

Tom

that is great research, is it confirmed or known if that unit was near the AO of the 505th?

Priceless.

UUUUUm the game is up.

He knows that.

Hes on his accounts.

That much is clear.

I haven't been called "priceless" in many years, so thank you for that :D

I get it. I maybe sound a little naïve and I haven't been in this milieu as long as many of you. My goal in life is to grow in wisdom but diminish in cynicism or bitterness. The former is something I'm working toward, the latter a road I'm choosing not to travel. I try not to borrow trouble, but take my lumps when they come.

I am grateful to all the good people on this forum who teach and help me every day.

USMC-RECON0321

Tom

Tom,

Great research on Sgt Summerfold. Here is the 1946 newspaper article I found on him.

post-33000-0-59863200-1502887625.jpg

ParanormalTrooper

Let us all repeat in unison; outstanding helmets don't change hands quickly.

False. It's already been shown why/how this helmet has changed hands. No need to beat a dead horse.

False. It's already been shown why/how this helmet has changed hands. No need to beat a dead horse.

There are so many "Dead Horses" on this thread that a good Cavalry unit would be put a foot...

I haven't been called "priceless" in many years, so thank you for that :D

I get it. I maybe sound a little naïve and I haven't been in this milieu as long as many of you. My goal in life is to grow in wisdom but diminish in cynicism or bitterness. The former is something I'm working toward, the latter a road I'm choosing not to travel. I try not to borrow trouble, but take my lumps when they come.

I am grateful to all the good people on this forum who teach and help me every day.

Words that dont mean anything, yet the faker guy is blocking people from his site.

Sometimes my emotions blind me to seeing dead horses.

It doesn't bode well for the blind who trip over them.

The elephant in the room: why does one person get an email (a newer member) but another doesn't (forum mod).

And Owen you know how to cut to the chase which is a good thing...cutting hurts.

Got to go change the bandage on my foot.

Patchcollector

The elephant in the room: why does one person get an email (a newer member) but another doesn't (forum mod).

I won't speculate about anyone else.I'll use myself for an example.

If I were deceiving people and discovered that others were catching on,I would avoid the websites that I had no control over,such as this Forum.I doubt that I would return and face the questions of my peers without being able to shape the narrative in my favor.

The sites where I had accounts that I could modify by deleting posts and blocking people,such as Instagram and Facebook would be where I would be the most active.

I may respond to a few select email enquiries without providing too much info,in order to maintain the illusion that everything is fine,"business as usual".

Sometimes my emotions blind me to seeing dead horses.

It doesn't bode well for the blind who trip over them.

And Owen you know how to cut to the chase which is a good thing...cutting hurts.

Got to go change the bandage on my foot.

30 pages of facts...accusations...emotions...conjectures...disbelief...and disappointment...and it's okay to post 30 more pages if needed.There are trusts and friendships broken, in some cases...vindication.But we are spinning our wheels...rehashing the same information...Yep...beating a dead horse.

Until some new information has been discovered, it's a stalemate.Now if Ol' Jamie boy appears...we have a new ball game.So, give us a sign Jamie...

This thread honestly is not a joke...there are many folks out there it has cost considerable amounts of money. In this game I wishfully hope all the affected parties will eventually win.

I have received an email direct from Jamie Kashetta this morning. The return address was that of the last known email contact I had for him in my address book. So, I have no reason to doubt that it is indeed him. All I will say is that he plans to be back on the 22nd as others have said and claims he will make things right at that point. He also claims that he only has a mobile phone to use for getting online and that it takes multiple minutes to send just one email. I have shared the entire content of the email with the other Admins.

I am only passing along the info to let you know that he has contacted a staff member. Please do not ask me to share anymore details because there are none which would help out in any way here at this time.

Roger that Tarbridge.

It's no joke for sure, it's a sore I remember especially the big ones.

We can all relate to being ripped off in this hobby.

I try not to have a cynical point of view but all through my early years 11-17 many people took advantage of my lack of education.

Not always with fakes (anyone remember the fake SS decal paratrooper helmets from Peter Stahl) but also close friends who took advantage of me telling me my stuff was this that or the other and paying zip (Getting an education on this stuff was hard in the 60's) with the excuse that friendship and business are two different things.

It was tough and I got beat up and it hasn't stopped yet.