Fake: M2 of Lt. Joseph Shelton 505th PIR - jkash

jkash23686

ParanormalTrooper

Maybe he just blocked you? Like I said earlier I saw a bunch of comments calling it fake and now they all disappeared

Very interesting. Anyways it shows that he knows about this thread and will never respond to it. He's likely either done with the forum for good or will come back under a different user name and work from the bottom up.

There does need to be some consideration on the just posted helmets, Jamie took consignments and sold them for others...I'm sure he did trades with folks.That is at least two opportunities for him to have real helmets.I cannot vouch for any and will not condemn them all.

Great quote of the night "I cannot vouch for any and will not condemn them all."

Fully agree! I just wanted to make sure that photos on other social media were not deleted.

ParanormalTrooper

Great quote of the night "I cannot vouch for any and will not condemn them all."

Fully agree! I just wanted to make sure that photos on other social media were not deleted.

+1

On Friday we went out for Chinese. My fortune was "a liar is not believed even though he is telling the truth". I think this basic concept applies to Jamie's helmets as well. A lot of his helmets will be condemned as fakes, wether or not they actually are.

stealthytyler

+1

On Friday we went out for Chinese. My fortune was "a liar is not believed even though he is telling the truth". I think this basic concept applies to Jamie's helmets as well. A lot of his helmets will be condemned as fakes, wether or not they actually are.

Let's get the other thread started that allows people that bought his lids to post good photos for review. I'm sure there are a lot of his customers very worried about their lid/s.

Patchcollector

When he doesn't answer the lawsuit

I would be surprised if he went that route.I would'nt be surprised if he has'nt already "lawyered up".

CNY Militaria

He has not logged into the forum since Aug 5th. According to other members, and some of his profiles, he is in Africa without internet access until Aug 22nd. Where is all the conjecture about him already seeing this topic, deciding not to log back in, and lawyering up coming from?

Let's leave speculation out of this unless you have facts. Based on his posts in preparation for leaving on the trip, there is a very good chance he has no idea what is going on. If someone has real information rather than guesses, please post away.

Let's get the other thread started that allows people that bought his lids to post good photos for review. I'm sure there are a lot of his customers very worried about their lid/s.

It will happen but this has too much activity to start another.

Let me restate what some of the staff here have said so as to keep this clear:

1) many of the helmets Jamie had for sale which were not A/B are legit and were either consignments from other collectors or were his that were purchased from other collectors. He also owned some legit A/B. I see at least 5 of those helmets posted which I've examined in the past when other collectors owned them and they are good.

2) Someone posted a photo of him. We removed the photo since it was not his face.

3) Opening any more threads about this will not happen until this one is done. There is too much speculation here and too many book experts who will wrongly scar other helmets and brand them as fakes. Somewhere along the line, the pitchforks, tar and feathers need to be put down. Until then, this thread will be the catch all.

Okay I'm pretty sure the 2nd infantry relic helmet and the 13th FAB helmet are legit, those have a chain of custody if I'm not mistaken. I alsomthink I've seen them discussed on this forum before.

You're right Owen, I too think that most will just take the loss and do nothing.

But here is an old passage that makes my point, " the wicked flee when no one pursues".

A deceitful person will continue until the circumstances forces them to stop.

And while they are deceitful they will always be concerned about running into someone who will exact vengeance.

The collecting community may have forgotten but in their mind they are worried.

They might put on a show of normalcy but the more hubris they have the more insecure they are.

As far as Hicks is concerned none of us know what he was thinking at SOS but I'll bet he was worried more than once, dumped adrenalin and had preparations to flee even though all he faced was grumbling.

That is the reward for deceitfulness when no one presses charges.

We are saving history but too much money is involved and we get too obsessed over wanting things thus we invent the person to get them from.

The obsession is part of the problem.

This of course is my opinion so I say thanks for letting me share.

My name is Peter and I'm addicted to collecting so much in fact that I have trusted the wrong people and made huge mistakes!

It's time for me to change.

If Jamie is guilty of fraud I hope some folks go after him and he pays for his actions ...but I believe in due process...so many here are already lined up at the pile of stones...

Patchcollector

He has not logged into the forum since Aug 5th. According to other members, and some of his profiles, he is in Africa without internet access until Aug 22nd. Where is all the conjecture about him already seeing this topic, deciding not to log back in, and lawyering up coming from?

Let's leave speculation out of this unless you have facts. Based on his posts in preparation for leaving on the trip, there is a very good chance he has no idea what is going on. If someone has real information rather than guesses, please post away.

My apologies if anyone took my "lawyering up" post to be something that had already occurred.It was actually a speculative comment made about another speculative comment.

As for there not being awareness of what is going on,in some recent posts there was mention of the deleting of some comments and people being possibly blocked on the WWII Dropzone Instagram page.That to me would indicate that someone has access to his Instagram account,and is monitoring it.

Like Hambone, I too am an attorney. I don't know where he practices, but I trust it's a free state.

If I were pursuing this as a collections/fraud civil lawsuit, I wouldn't focus too much on that point. I suppose one could try to get federal authorities criminally involved, given the issues with the mail, crossing state lines, etc. But just to take his rump over the coals? No.

I'd spend my money filing a suit, and then to get a good process server to put the court papers physically in his hands. When he doesn't answer the lawsuit, and I'm I betting that he won't, I'd file for and obtain a default judgment, which I would use to chase his bank accounts, employers, and any possible real estate transactions for the next decade or two, as my free time permitted. While all of this was happening, the judgment would be accruing interest, which is 12% per statute in this state. Id also go for attorney's fees. A $4,000 helmet could turn into a $10,000 debt without much time or effort.

All of this. However, it's a little different in details in the various states and some of those seemingly minor distinctions can make big differences in decision making and strategy. Point is, internets "legal advice" can be misleading at best. Further, you don't know the motives of those giving it. Consult an attorney in your jurisdiction if you are aggrieved. A properly handled lawsuit, or better yet, a criminal prosecution, can be like kicking over a rotten board in the forest. Some don't want boards kicked over.

Hi,

Don't really know what all of the fuzz is about as I haven't read the whole thread, but there seem to be some pretty strong indications that Jamie aka Jkash could be a fraud.

All I'd like to add to this is that some of his helmets, especially a few so called D-bales, are without a doubt original.

That being said, the helmet that started this thread appears to have been reworked and then relisted for sale. If that is true I can only assume that the green bills got to the guy's head eventually.

Most of you probably already know his real identity but if needed for legal pursuits I could provide his real identity.

In any case I've always wondered how it was possible for this guy to own one fantastic helmet after the other without them somehow either being fake, or coming from some magical helmet tree no one knows about, especially with the helmets, if they were real, being so rare.

Jamie established a good reputation over the years here on the forum and all I would wish to add to it is that the person who noticed the fraud did some pretty good detective work. Obviously that's the end of Jamie's reputation. Even if it's just a few fakes it's a few too many, all I can think of is that he somehow abused his good reputation to bring in the bigger bucks, because again, some of his helmets are without a doubt real.

Shame on you, Jamie.

It was shown earlier with some sharp eyed poster's comparison of brush strokes and stencil use on different helmets. In German camo helmet humping you can tell that the same "artiste" did them, much like the hand of artists who do paintings can be ID'd. While all of these "camos" and exotic unit marked lids are "different", to me they look like they were done by the same person.

BILL THE PATCH

Hi,

Don't really know what all of the fuzz is about as I haven't read the whole thread, but there seem to be some pretty strong indications that Jamie aka Jkash could be a fraud.

All I'd like to add to this is that some of his helmets, especially a few so called D-bales, are without a doubt original. 

That being said, the helmet that started this thread appears to have been reworked and then relisted for sale. If that is true I can only assume that the green bills got to the guy's head eventually. 

Most of you probably already know his real identity but if needed for legal pursuits I could provide his real identity. 

In any case I've always wondered how it was possible for this guy to own one fantastic helmet after the other without them somehow either being fake, or coming from some magical helmet tree no one knows about, especially with the helmets, if they were real, being so rare. 

Jamie established a good reputation over the years here on the forum and all I would wish to add to it is that the person who noticed the fraud did some pretty good detective work. Obviously that's the end of Jamie's reputation. Even if it's just a few fakes it's a few too many, all I can think of is that he somehow abused his good reputation to bring in the bigger bucks, because again, some of his helmets are without a doubt real. 

Shame on you, Jamie. 

You should really go back and read the whole thread, shocking to say the least

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Hi,

Shame on you, Jamie.

Ken

Totally agree....more helmets popping up than rabbits out of a top hat.

We still have a question basically that has gone unanswered.Where did the helmet really come from.

I for one find the 1st Division story a little thin.

Some think Kashetta took a solid identified helmet and turned it into a camo and was reborn with a new liner etc.The point is proven its the same helmet..SHELTON +Camo = Fake.

The real question is was it a real M2 with repaired loops and had Sheltons info added to it to increase value or was it a complete fake to begin with?

The answer is out there.Someone knows

Dirt Detective

Ken

We still have a question basically that has gone unanswered.Where did the helmet really come from.

I for one find the 1st Division story a little thin.

The answer is out there.Someone knows

It was posted here that Chris Anderson of the Military Trader Magazine bought the Shelton M2 from a vet Estate

"He bought the Barr set and the Agnew stuff from Chris Anderson of the Military Trader magazine and the Shelton helmet was part of this collection."

"The helmet was directly from a vet estate from the grandson and I still have the email and acquired in the US. It came from 1SGT Rueben R. Summerfold"

It was posted here that Chris Anderson of the Military Trader Magazine bought the Shelton M2 from a vet Estate

"He bought the Barr set and the Agnew stuff from Chris Anderson of the Military Trader magazine and the Shelton helmet was part of this collection."

"The helmet was directly from a vet estate from the grandson and I still have the email and acquired in the US. It came from 1SGT Rueben R. Summerfold"

That's interesting as I read that but how can it be verified and be interesting to see the email

As I commented before the name painted in the Shelton helmet sure looks like the type of painting method/style seen of fake named helmets done in Europe.