Fake: M2 of Lt. Joseph Shelton 505th PIR - jkash

jkash23686

The long time airborne collectors will easily snatch an original M2 with ID for that price. And they don't need to ask for opinions before buying.

There are not so many M2s around. Not so many camos, medic helmets and other AB variations. The M1 collecting field is undergoing the same thing that happened to German camo helmets around 2002-2012: very exotic pieces appearing in the hand of self appointed gurus that change hands very quickly as opposed to knowingly good helmets that remain in the same collections for 20 or 30 years.

I collect rare helmets. I know a lot of people who are after the same things and for anyone it is very, very hard to let a great helmet go away - even when money is needed for much more important purposes.

There are not so many M2s around. Not so many camos, medic helmets and other AB variations. The M1 collecting field is undergoing the same thing that happened to German camo helmets around 2002-2012: very exotic pieces appearing in the hand of self appointed gurus that change hands very quickly as opposed to knowingly good helmets that remain in the same collections for 20 or 30 years.

I collect rare helmets. I know a lot of people who are after the same things and for anyone it is very, very hard to let a great helmet go away - even when money is needed for much more important purposes.

You nailed it CCMax. I remember we agreed upon this back then, and some of us at least were censored and banned from another forum for having such opinions. The bane of the self-appointed guru peddling high dollar "exotic freshies" is the uncensored, transparent discussion forum. These people must gain control of the information and discussion in order to traffic in these things successfully. The Great Champagne Rune Fraud was, IMHO, a result of information control and "gurus". Anyone breaking ranks was attacked and silenced so the band wagon could roll on. Those who frog marched along and sang the songs of their masters were rewarded with trinkets. This fraud was shut down far more quickly.

Viewing this perspective from someone who has seen all of this before, who was around BI (Before Internet), and who knows a little about camo helmets and helmets in general, it's quite incredible to me that this guy was coming up with these pieces and had such a long run. The same is true of certain high dollar "exotic freshie" German camos which, to this day, are deemed original by assorted toadies and accomplices which are ridiculous fakes. Open intelligent debate and transparency is what will save the integrity of our hobby. It saved it here.

There are no self appointed gurus here and not a single speck of jaelousy and hatred ANYWHERE, this is why the opinions of the members of this forum have the privelege to rule the world

Sent from my African Tapatalk drum

There are no self appointed gurus here and not a single speck of jaelousy and hatred ANYWHERE, this is why the opinions of the members of this forum have the privelege to rule the world

Sent from my African Tapatalk drum

Well, that has got to be by far, the most sarcastic and idiotic statement since this discussion began.

Beside your introduction post, you have a grand total of four posts, all them in this thread. Reading through them, it doesn't take long to figure out that you have a dislike and disdain for this forum. Keep it up buttercup, and your presence here will be short lived.

Sounds like Mr Faker himself.

Interesting hypothesis.

"African Taptalk"? :dry:

Well, that is what he'd like you to think, I don't believe it's him,

privelege

Well, since he can't spell, I did a search on "privelege" to see if a banned member also misspelled privilege. Seems there a quite a few members who don't know how to spell privilege. :D:D

Well, since he can't spell, I did a search on "privelege" to see if a banned member also misspelled privilege. Seems there a quite a few members who don't know how to spell privilege. :D:D

Why Kat...it's their privilege... :)

This is Jingol"s war

This is Kash's war

This our war and we got to win

This is our job

fakin' them all

this is our job and we got to win

From Louisville to Ciney

There is no such thing as a good fake

This is our life, this is my life

screw em' up as deep as we can

This is our job

this is my job

search elsewhere if you wanna win

Jingoleeeeeee

This is Jingol"s war

This is Kash's war

This our war and we got to win

This is our job

fakin' them all

this is our job and we got to win

From Louisville to Ciney

There is no such thing as a good fake

This is our life, this is my life

screw em' up as deep as we can

This is our job

this is my job

search elsewhere if you wanna win

Jingoleeeeeee

Congratulations buttercup!

Well, that has got to be by far, the most sarcastic and idiotic statement since this discussion began.

Beside your introduction post, you have a grand total of four posts, all them in this thread. Reading through them, it doesn't take long to figure out that you have a dislike and disdain for this forum. Keep it up buttercup, and your presence here will be short lived.

Well said Scott

Who is this guy !

Looks like you should have asked, who "was" that guy...

Would that be the shortest time anyone was a member on these forums??

Time to close this thread.

I am glad it stayed open, and I thank the mods who kept it open.

Now it is causing more problems than good.

If we need, we can open another thread.

Don't ever close this thread.

Hear hear. Let it become epic and rival our XRFacts thread. There will be much chatter, like this post, but the information disclosed by leaving it open is and will be of great continuing value.