Fake: M2 of Lt. Joseph Shelton 505th PIR - jkash

jkash23686

That whole idea of others being involved seems a bit far-fetched.

I also thought that questions via this thread asking the faker himself if he had painted the multi K helmets he has sold to some members are a bit naive. Sorry to say so. Would one really expect an honest reply from him at this point ?

Let me see if I have this straight. Please correct if wrong...

Jamie claims he believes the Shelton helmet to have been a "fake" after he received it from Eric Dorr (post #852)? What kind of an accusation is that?

So is he claiming he was the victim?

Kind of weird that instead of making a monumental fuss over receiving what he considers a "fake" helmet from a reputable source, he'd rather slop on a bogus paint job on a supposed bogus helmet, and sell it to some trusting soul to recoup his loss...

If he believed the helmet bad "from the get go" that means the very first post of this thread was an outright lie, no?

Then he has the nerve to lie to the Shelton family?

Geeze...

I would presume JKash won't be looking to incriminate himself more than he already has...too bad...

I would imagine counsel has recommended he not say anything more, and perhaps even giving refund except in more egregious cases (at least some of those refunds were way past the return date). Understandable, but unfortunate for those wanting to learn more facts. Now that I re-read this I think I'm just paraphrasing what you just said!

That whole idea of others being involved seems a bit far-fetched.

I also thought that questions via this thread asking the faker himself if he had painted the multi K helmets he has sold to some members are a bit naive. Sorry to say so. Would one really expect an honest reply from him at this point ?

A week ago when I was calling out the Shelton helmet as having issues, people thought that was far fetched too. At this point, I'm not holding anything as sacred. Maybe it's true, maybe not.

With those three posts Monday, he pretty well side-stepped the whole situation...almost like nothing was amiss????

I went back and read the post by JKash, and the only thing he seems to have admitted is that he painted some helmets for other folks and it got out of control and for that he is sorry.

Are the people who have or will have received refunds sending their helmets back to JKash or are they keeping those helmets?

I've read most of this thread, many of the posts have just been nonsense banter. I am not a painted helmet collect. However, I
have found two out of the woodwork. Regardless, the story of a 1st Infantry Division 1SG picking this helmet up as a bring back
seems like a serious BS story, anything is possible, but this seems unlikely. Years ago on another forum, someone posted a helmet
ID'ed to a particular soldier, it was found in Europe in an attic. It turned out the soldier was found and commented that he never lost his helmet, go figure.

Who (more than one person has had this helmet before Kibler) did the helmet come from before Kibler?

That's what you don't know and need to find out.

My gut feel is that the helmet originated in Europe and is a fake with 2 fake backstories.

I've never chased this helmet, had much interest in it or even seen it but over the past few years unsolicited information about it keeps coming to me.

All this information is here-say and won't hold up in court but it has given me a gut feel.

I think that the answer of who had it b4 Kibler will be found in Pa.

My hope is that I'm wrong and I could very well be after all I have no facts.

But since this new development with Jamie I find it facinating and interesting.

I realize that there are many who have or will come out on the short end of this financially and that's too bad.

I can relate to you because I grew up during a time in the hobby when any information was hard to get and many people took advantage of the 12 year old who would find things on his newspaper route.

I bought many fakes when I was younger and tried several times to quit because of it.

So when something like this comes up I'm interested in seeing what type of resolution, if any, we will see and who is responsible.

Here is the type of thing collectors are up against.

Back in the early 90's when the MAX was in Baltimore I would go and sell.

I went out to dinner one night with some of my buyers to a buffet.

In the buffet line were 2 German dagger dealers talking about a fake Navy dagger with diamonds that they had manufactured and how they got 10,000 for one.

I did and said nothing but to a couple of people.

It is now the responsibility of those who lost out here to do something about it besides doing nothing, changing how you collect or quit.

There was a large law suite brought against Ed Winn in Pa. who had filled one guys collection with fakes.

Winn lost so it can be done.

Burning Hazard

I have a feeling jkash has logged off for good and won't be coming back.

However, one last thing I'm wondering about is this: before jkash got his hands on it, Shelton's helmet pictured at the start of the thread was owned by Erik and Tom Kibler. I'm wondering if both Erik and Tom Kibler were taken by it too not realizing it was a fake? or was there another helmet? still a bit confused on this... It's my last question for this thread I promise.

Pat

I guess Jkash23686 remains a valued member of this forum.

A faker is a faker...we have banned others for this...Jamie has been left in a position to respond to the questions the membership has of him.The time will come...

Forum Manager

Like stated earlier on in this thread, the admin team is going through this massive thread and really taking a microscope to some members posts and how they have conducted themselves now and in the past.

Forum Manager

This discussion is now closed. The Administration of this forum has allowed this to run as long as possible. Mr. Kashetta will not return and explain anything more, he has gone silent. We have given great latitude toward our membership to vent. Some have taken advantage of this and perceived it as a weakness. Now, the time for action has arrived. The following members are being banned:

Jamie Kashetta(jkash23686) - He is an admitted forger, he has used the forum here as a place to make himself look to be a knowledgeable collector thus deceiving many people for tens of thousands of dollars. This thread really says it all about how deep deception can and will go.

Andy Wheeler(Ronny67) - Ironically, he made the most noise from the beginning which got both Administrator and Moderator attention. Upon deeper investigation it was found that he had been a member here in the past using different accounts and had been banned in all of them. He had also been called out in past as a helmet faker himself under those old accounts and recently tried to sell a rare but known fake SOF High Cut helmet on the forum as original.

There are many more members who have acted out of line during the course of this discussion, they have accused, attacked, threatened and belittled others. We will be monitoring those members and future banning may result as we dig through this mess.