Fake: M2 of Lt. Joseph Shelton 505th PIR - jkash

jkash23686

How about some answers about who commissioned your talent and who is capitalizing on it?

Who is in on the secret ? and it was a secret!

And don't forget the helmet that started it all.

Ah yes Nehru, a fine student, prime minister and he had a real cool jacket!

I had the Nehru shirt...my Mother bought me a pair of the wildest elephant bell bottoms psychedelic trousers you've ever seen...I looked like I walked off a Beatles album.It surly was not my style but I wore them to School...I think I left School and started to walk home after two classes...I caused quite the stir...

What is going to happen with the refunded helmets? Personally, I think they should be destroyed. It would be terrible if they wound up in some fleamarket only to get recycled back on here a few years from now. Just my two cents.

Handled in a far superior and upfront manner than The Great Shampain Ruin Fraud. Where it was left is "there are fake Champagne Rune helmets but there are real ones too [they just can't produce a picture of a real one] because I saw a real one in 1967". I don't know if such an ending makes the hobby look like a ridiculous humper clown show or just lacking in integrity. We've had our humped high dollar sniper rifle exposure matter years back and the refund was forthcoming and the humper posted what happened, why, and why he did it. Refund is a minimum and smart thing to do under circumstances like this.

So now, what of the "history" of the "Shelton M2"? From day 1 I've been of the opinion that the "Shelton M2" was a humper and just rehumped to be a "camo". Seems that is the case.

pararaftanr2

A direct quote from the ebay listing ($10,000) of the repainted Shelton helmet by OP:

Beautiful camo painted M2 D loop, with Inland Paratrooper liner.

The shell itself is an original M2 helmet with both bails repaired and original M2 straps reattached. If you look at the close ups of the bails you can see the repairs are typical field repairs with brass brazing. You can also see the original M2 feet under the brazing on both sides.

A direct quote by the OP from earlier today:

".....the Shelton helmet. I believe to be a fake from the get go after further inspection. I noticed, the buttons on the straps looked crimped like the ones where people add non factory snaps to straps as well as the fluff that comes though. After looking at the feet to me it started its life as a fixed bail"

Can we all slow down a bit please, and allow some space for explanation?

I have NO dog in this fight, at all, but I believe everybody deserves an opportunity to tell their side.

There are a lot of interpretations of "just got out of control" - why doesn't anyone want to understand that?

I took the comment about being "confrontational" to mean there's nothing that can be said to satisfy everybody. Ironically, based on the first responses, that appears right.

He started with an apology, and there appears to be refund activities happening; let's take a breath.

One of the differentiators of our forum is the culture we create around the hobby; striving to be a community versus just a member list. If this was your friend, spouse, child, etc, think about what you would do next.

Scott (Bugme) said something early on in this topic, which resonated with me. I'll paraphrase, as I'm not going to dig for it. It was really the hope that nobody else ever made a mistake to be met with the reaction of some of the membership here.

Humans make mistakes, and they are also capable of showing their humanity in other ways too - like compassion, forgiveness, etc. Sorry to get preachy, but for crying out loud, more venom is not the path to healing.

I can only choose the way I react, you choose yours.

I agree.

I'm not an M-1 helmet collector by any means...and wouldn't know Jamie if I saw him.

I will give him credit for returning to face a 30+ page thread of angry forum members. I'm sure that was not an easy thing to do. At this point, I want to know the back-stories and see this issue through to an "end".

Credit to him for at least starting the refunds and taking responsibility for his actions. I hope that continues.

Thanks also to the moderators for keeping this thread open.

How do we even know that the list that HE puts together of "faked" helmets would be legit?

There is a saying in the law: false in one, false in all

Archangel I would be suspect that he is being truthful about your helmet, no offense.

I for one vote to ban him now.

He wont refund the captains helmet and is saying he didn't paint it so I have asked for answers on where the helmet was bought and who off of. I want these answers as he cannot be trusted in any capicity.

Some maybe receiving refunds but I believe I won't be the only one out of pocket here.

Also why are people patting him on the back for actually replying on this thread ! I'm sure a lawsuit would have been bought on him for the 10's of thousands of Dollars he fraudently collected from this community. Not to mention the business he works for being contacted if he would not make contact and pay people back. He was outed ! He was not upfront and didn't just own up , he was caught Red handed.

Tbe internet is a powerful tool and this info will now follow him wherever he goes.

Handled in a far superior and upfront manner than The Great Shampain Ruin Fraud. Where it was left is "there are fake Champagne Rune helmets but there are real ones too [they just can't produce a picture of a real one] because I saw a real one in 1967". I don't know if such an ending makes the hobby look like a ridiculous humper clown show or just lacking in integrity. We've had our humped high dollar sniper rifle exposure matter years back and the refund was forthcoming and the humper posted what happened, why, and why he did it. Refund is a minimum and smart thing to do under circumstances like this.

So now, what of the "history" of the "Shelton M2"? From day 1 I've been of the opinion that the "Shelton M2" was a humper and just rehumped to be a "camo". Seems that is the case.

+1 on several levels

I too have lobbied for the real story and felt the helmet was a fake to begin with and stated no one would take a real helmet with documented battlefield history and remake into a hobby lobby special paint by the numbers.

I understand "mistakes are made.But when does a "mistake" turn into fraud?

Simple mistakes are things we learn from but to continue making mistakes and earning several thousands from them(mistakes) seems to conjure up the "F" word.

Refunding is the step to be taken but it doesn't address that fraud was committed and committed knowingly.

Burning Hazard

Those in the chain of custody: Brooks, Erik and Tom Kibler, did they possess the fake Shelton helmet to begin with and passed it down? were they fooled from the start by it as well?

I'm a bit confused, seems like something went wrong down the line.

+1 on several levels

I too have lobbied for the real story and felt the helmet was a fake to begin with and stated no one would take a real helmet with documented battlefield history and remake into a hobby lobby special paint by the numbers.

I understand "mistakes are made.But when does a "mistake" turn into fraud?

Simple mistakes are things we learn from but to continue making mistakes and earning several thousands from them(mistakes) seems to conjure up the "F" word.

Refunding is the step to be taken but it doesn't address that fraud was committed and committed knowingly.

Guys it was fraud on a grand scale , thousands of dollars !

That he knowingly sold to US , he refunded the people he thinks he had to because he knew the legal consequences that could be brought against him.

There is NO mistake here , he painted helmets up , fixed them and then sold them for thousands.

A mistake is when you forget to send aunt May her birthday card , or take the dog out. He knew that he had easy pickings as some of us where taken in by him , Deceit , tampering , False information , Fraud , Counterfit , these are NOT mistakes these are purpose done for capital gain and greed

Cmon !

Also i agree with Doyler he commited knowingly time and time again

He wont refund the captains helmet and is saying he didn't paint it so I have asked for answers on where the helmet was bought and who off of. I want these answers as he cannot be trusted in any capicity.

Some maybe receiving refunds but I believe I won't be the only one out of pocket here.

Also why are people patting him on the back for actually replying on this thread ! I'm sure a lawsuit would have been bought on him for the 10's of thousands of Dollars he fraudently collected from this community. Not to mention the business he works for being contacted if he would not make contact and pay people back. He was outed ! He was not upfront and didn't just own up , he was caught Red handed.

Tbe internet is a powerful tool and this info will now follow him wherever he goes.

I would seek legal counsel.

I had the Nehru shirt...my Mother bought me a pair of the wildest elephant bell bottoms psychedelic trousers you've ever seen...I looked like I walked off a Beatles album.It surly was not my style but I wore them to School...I think I left School and started to walk home after two classes...I caused quite the stir...

Please tell me you had a page boy haircut to match.

If he answers any of my questions it's not going to look good.

I'm sure he doesn't want to implicate others but that's what answering my questions will do.

It sure is convenient that he still held on to all the funds too or is he getting help?

Why did Kash end up with the M2?

How did he sell his service?

He painted helmets for vets, how did they find out about him?

Who are you and where did you come from?

I don't believe the I painted helmets and went out of control.

I think you were recruited or conspired with one or more to pull this off.

I have no proof but that's what I think no humble opinion here but an in your face statement.

So like I said from the beginning the refunds will come in, the story will change, people have new found money, there will be joy, singing, holding hands and Owen will anounce that a new era has arrived.

In a couple of days everyone is happy and not so anxious to rock the boat.

The M2 gets turned into a cat litter box, everyone forgets and those really responsible for perpetuating this fraud can take a shower to wash off all that sweat.

So until we get those simple answers everything else is a cover up.

I know that there are a lot of open wounds here. Please consider a couple of things:

1) Sometimes the very best source of information on nefarious activities is someone who was involved and got caught, or for other reasons has reconsidered their actions.

2) He has begun the process of making restitution to those involved. Unless he is independently wealthy, this will likely be a process that will take some time.

Burning Jamie at the stake (figuratively) might feel good, but does the collecting community have more to gain from the public spectacle and vitriol, or by his continued presence here answering questions and making restitution?

I doubt any of us have lived our lives in the absence of decisions that we profoundly regret. I'm not defending the man; I don't know him personally, nor would I recognize him at a show. I believet the fact that he did not just disappear into the ether indicates that some good can possibly come of this, if we as a community will allow it to happen.

I'm sure he doesn't want to implicate others but that's what answering my questions will do.

It sure is convenient that he still held on to all the funds too or is he getting help?

I have no proof but that's what I think no humble opinion here but an in your face statement.

So like I said from the beginning the refunds will come in, the story will change, people have new found money, there will be joy, singing, holding hands and Owen will anounce that a new era has arrived.

The M2 gets turned into a cat litter box, everyone forgets and those really responsible for perpetuating this fraud can take a shower to wash off all that sweat.

I also believe others are involved , this is an operation on a grand scale and I find it very strange that there are some members on here that are known helmet collectors that have not once chimed in , funny that for a massive fraud case within the forum made by a once respected member. I hope this case gets blown wide open so we get to the bottom of this.

Burning Jamie at the stake (figuratively) might feel good, but does the collecting community have more to gain from the public spectacle and vitriol, or by his continued presence here answering questions and making restitution?

I believe the latter will serve us better as a community. A lot of questions want answers.

How do you get this information, it's easy to type words about grandiose ideas and "predictions". Do you send over "Louie the Flounder" to have some serious revelation time.You keep alluding to some secret behind the scenes machinations going on...get off your duff and get to work solving what happened and when and who and why.What are you waiting on...break this "conspiracy" and solve it.

I know that there are a lot of open wounds here. Please consider a couple of things:

1) Sometimes the very best source of information on nefarious activities is someone who was involved and got caught, or for other reasons has reconsidered their actions.

2) He has begun the process of making restitution to those involved. Unless he is independently wealthy, this will likely be a process that will take some time.

I doubt any of us have lived our lives in the absence of decisions that we profoundly regret. I'm not defending the man; I don't know him personally, nor would I recognize him at a show. I believet the fact that he did not just disappear into the ether indicates that some good can possibly come of this, if we as a community will allow it to happen.

+1

..and, quite frankly, if it wasn't for this thread being kept open and the detective work done by many on this thread, this process would likely not be happening right now.

I don't have to figure it out.

Kash has people buying his helmets secretly who know they are fakes.

If he implicates any of them and they have been knowingly selling fake helmets.

Thats the secret.

And if Kash knew he was buying a fake Sheldon M2 then thats a secret.

He claims he didn't figure it out until after he owned it but I knew it was fake and had never seen it.

I have no reputation to defend anymore and I'm sick and tired of rip offs, bullies, baseless over reactive threats and reputation destroyers in this hobby.

Do with me what you will but I say there is more to this than meets the eye and I'm not alone in that belief.