Fake: M2 of Lt. Joseph Shelton 505th PIR - jkash

jkash23686

Just so you all know, no I'm not ducking anyone. I was actually in Africa from the 5th, so yes some people in this day and age do go off the grid for 2 weeks.

First thing, the Shelton helmet. I believe to be a fake from the get go after further inspection. I noticed, the buttons on the straps looked crimped like the ones where people add non factory snaps to straps as well as the fluff that comes though. After looking at the feet to me it started its life as a fixed bail. Also the style of the name i have seen before on other helmets of a specific collector, who originally was excluded from the chain of ownership when I first got the helmet. I have sent all the info on that to one of the admins, as to not seem like I am trying to shift blame on anyone else.

Second returns. No, Paypal is not forcing me to refund anyone, with my site I use another company other than paypal, so they have no say in what I have refunded thus far. Also I gave a screenshot of what I have refunded so far to the same admin mentioned as proof with more to come when its applicable. But in a few cases, I have been contacted about lids that I had nothing to do with if fake or are real and those will not be refunded.

Lastly, as for an explanation, lets be honest, is there really anything I could put here thats not going to make a few people here who like to just be confrontational no matter what? What I will say, is that I originally was asked to paint some helmet for other people, since I could paint, and I did a few for vets as well, and it just got out of control and for that I'm sorry.

-j

Lastly, as for an explanation, lets be honest, is there really anything I could put here thats not going to make a few people here who like to just be confrontational no matter what? What I will say, is that I originally was asked to paint some helmet for other people, since I could paint, and I did a few for vets as well, and it just got out of control and for that I'm sorry.

-j

So your response is "people here who like to just be confrontational no matter what". IMO, this shows no remorse what-so-ever for having lied, cheated, faked, and duped collectors out of thousands of dollars.

Would be curious to know which helmets were your creations. This way we can have them documented in the event they make it onto the market later, to prevent the unknowing from purchasing.

Just so you all know, no I'm not ducking anyone. I was actually in Africa from the 5th, so yes some people in this day and age do go off the grid for 2 weeks.

First thing, the Shelton helmet. I believe to be a fake from the get go after further inspection. I noticed, the buttons on the straps looked crimped like the ones where people add non factory snaps to straps as well as the fluff that comes though. After looking at the feet to me it started its life as a fixed bail. Also the style of the name i have seen before on other helmets of a specific collector, who originally was excluded from the chain of ownership when I first got the helmet. I have sent all the info on that to one of the admins, as to not seem like I am trying to shift blame on anyone else.

Second returns. No, Paypal is not forcing me to refund anyone, with my site I use another company other than paypal, so they have no say in what I have refunded thus far. Also I gave a screenshot of what I have refunded so far to the same admin mentioned as proof with more to come when its applicable. But in a few cases, I have been contacted about lids that I had nothing to do with if fake or are real and those will not be refunded.

-j

You should be ashamed of your actions and who you have become Jamie ! Your a thief and a liar.

You should refund all of US ! Not pick and choose

True, and the very reason I jumped ship on TR helmets years ago. The difference is that here we have kept the discussion open, we have let everyone say their piece no matter how far out there they went and we have extended abundant grace here to those who pushed the limit of cordial posting.

The TR folks mostly circled their wagons around the Champagne Rune Goons for decades and shut down all descending opinion or observations. We here are saying: have at it, let's get this cleared up, let's learn from this, let's become better but, if folks are going to keep going after each other, blaming each other or picking up their toys and running home in a snit after spewing accusations as R67 did, then no one will prosper.

Not true.

Some of my funniest posts have been edited out of the thread.

I worked long and and hard on those knowing the moderators are not my friends due to personal jealiously.

owen

In keeping with the theme of the Shelton helmet, if you knew it was fake to begin with, why did you paint it all up and try to pass it off for even more money instead of doing the right thing and speaking up? It sounds like like you were trying to capitalize on losing the investment on the helmet.

In keeping with the theme of the Shelton helmet, if you knew it was fake to begin with, why did you paint it all up and try to pass it off for even more money instead of doing the right thing and speaking up? It sounds like like you were trying to capitalize on losing the investment on the helmet.

Yes, and thats all on me.

Did you paint helmets for forum members here and elsewhere? How long have you been painting helmets up with the rare unit markings? And do you have a catalogue for us to use on what helmets out there are yours?

You're a fraud and I guess we all know it now. Which is really a shame because when I first joined the forum I thought you were on of the best of the best as helmet collecting goes.

Do you have a list or pictures of all the helmets your painted up so we can Atleast know which are the few good ones?

You're a fraud and I guess we all know it now. Which is really a shame because when I first joined the forum I thought you were on of the best of the best as helmet collecting goes.

Do you have a list or pictures of all the helmets your painted up so we can Atleast know which are the few good ones?

Jamie get the list out in the open

pararaftanr2

For me, the most telling statement in this entire thread appeared way back in post #33 and was made by the OP in response to "Cadet Duck" showing up:

"The helmet was sold being that I'm getting out of collecting and liquidating the collection. I wish you hit the forum up a few weeks ago or I would have sent you the helmet."

His post today reveals that he knew the Shelton helmet was not real. We know, from what has been presented here by others, that at the time his statement was made, the helmet had NOT been sold, but had actually been altered / cannibalized and put up for sale first on ebay, then on the drop zone web site.

Believe any current or future statements by him at your own risk, but it appears his credibility is ZERO.

For 4 years I worked directly under a retired Captain on the local PD. This man is sharp. 3 years in the Army, 27 years on the PD. Head of IA when he retired. My favorite quote, to this day, that I even tell my daughters:

"What you do in the dark will always come to light."

You are a sham. Once a liar, always a liar. You just fresh ran out of friends.

Mods, this was a heartfelt response after following this thread for weeks and being a faithful forum member for 5 years. There's no place for him here.

Not true.

Some of my funniest posts have been edited out of the thread.

I worked long and and hard on those knowing the moderators are not my friends due to personal jealiously.

owen

Owen... The only post you put thought into was the one in which you dropped the F-bomb in a sneaky way to get past our filters. You knew better than that. I for one am not jealous of you, I Don't even like Vietnam stuff and certainly could care less about making movies. :) Now, let's stay on topic.

Jamie were you the only person painting the helmets? Were there others involved and if so who, when, and how many?

Some excellent questions said with a cool head

Can we all slow down a bit please, and allow some space for explanation?

I have NO dog in this fight, at all, but I believe everybody deserves an opportunity to tell their side.

There are a lot of interpretations of "just got out of control" - why doesn't anyone want to understand that?

I took the comment about being "confrontational" to mean there's nothing that can be said to satisfy everybody. Ironically, based on the first responses, that appears right.

He started with an apology, and there appears to be refund activities happening; let's take a breath.

One of the differentiators of our forum is the culture we create around the hobby; striving to be a community versus just a member list. If this was your friend, spouse, child, etc, think about what you would do next.

Scott (Bugme) said something early on in this topic, which resonated with me. I'll paraphrase, as I'm not going to dig for it. It was really the hope that nobody else ever made a mistake to be met with the reaction of some of the membership here.

Humans make mistakes, and they are also capable of showing their humanity in other ways too - like compassion, forgiveness, etc. Sorry to get preachy, but for crying out loud, more venom is not the path to healing.

I can only choose the way I react, you choose yours.

Ok, so what do you guys want? Some wanted him to answer and then minutes after he did, you want him quickly banned. And other want him to answer questions which he can't do if he is banned. Maybe you gurus need to communicate with each other.

Jamie has returned as most of you wanted so badly and is answering questions...his future has been cast.He will have the opportunity to respond and possibly allay concerns in some cases.

Can we all slow down a bit please, and allow some space for explanation?

I have NO dog in this fight, at all, but I believe everybody deserves an opportunity to tell their side.

There are a lot of interpretations of "just got out of control" - why doesn't anyone want to understand that?

I took the comment about being "confrontational" to mean there's nothing that can be said to satisfy everybody. Ironically, based on the first responses, that appears right.

He started with an apology, and there appears to be refund activities happening; let's take a breath.

One of the differentiators of our forum is the culture we create around the hobby; striving to be a community versus just a member list. If this was your friend, spouse, child, etc, think about what you would do next.

Scott (Bugme) said something early on in this topic, which resonated with me. I'll paraphrase, as I'm not going to dig for it. It was really the hope that nobody else ever made a mistake to be met with the reaction of some of the membership here.

Humans make mistakes, and they are also capable of showing their humanity in other ways too - like compassion, forgiveness, etc. Sorry to get preachy, but for crying out loud, more venom is not the path to healing.

I can only choose the way I react, you choose yours.

While what you Have said I partly agree with ,

Yes mistakes are made but if that person has been relentlessly painting these up and flooding the market for some time , or to mention knowingly taking money for them then there is NO mistake there.

That my friend is not a mistake it's called Greed. And greed is one of the sins of man.

This is a person that I actually valued on here , and even respected.

IF he desperately needed the money for sickness , a child , his mother , anyone, I would be able to understand why he did it. not agree but understand ,

But this is pure an simple ,

He is a thief and a liar and has done so multiple times , he has used the good nature of this great forum and community and capatilzed

I believe, and I hope the consensus is, is that there are valuable answers needed for valid questions that we haven't received yet. Until we get those answers I don't believe a ban is in anyone's best interest.