FACT OR FICTION ?

SteveZ

The story regarding the card players I believe is a true story. If you remember the old TV program "NAVY LOG" one episode regarded a group of sailors trapped below deck in a compartment that was beginning to flood. The damage control team had a sound powered phone link to the trapped sailors and they waited for the rescuers to cut through the bulkheads to save them. The trapped sailors were playing cards waiting when the word came down the DC crew couldn't get to them in time. The scene ended with the one of the men saying "deal me in". Since NAVY LOG was based on actual stories of WWII, I take the episode to be an actual event. Oh, I think the ship in question was a carrier in the Pacific....

Hey Bluejacket

Yes, I remember the "Haunted U Boat" episode of One Step Beyond, it was a great series with interesting stories. Not to go off topic but "Science Fiction Theater" and "The Man and the Challenge" were excellent in their own right. Say, if you remember these series you must be old....like me!

• 4 months later...

You know all this reminds me of this Twilight Zone episode about the Navy staring Mike Kellin.

You guys remember this one? A real spooky, haunting one, a Chief serving still in the Navy in the early 60s sees the ghosts of shipmates who where killed in WWII out at sea and beckon him to join them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Thirty-Fathom_Grave

post-34986-0-93964200-1495421238.jpg