Navy Hat Badges

Gerradtgrant

I came across two navy hat badges the price seemed right. I was in a hurry and didn't have time to ask you fellow members. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The first one is a smaller sized vanguard 10-20 gf and sterling.

The second one is of larger size and is amcraft v20k marked. The top pin is broke off.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Both are WW2 era. Could be a bit more recent, but tough to date these. Small one for overseas cap. Large one for the visor cap. The top pin on the large one is no big deal - it's just a short pin to stabilize the badge (so it doesn't rotate).

Both are WW2 era. Could be a bit more recent, but tough to date these.  Small one for overseas cap.  Large one for the visor cap. The top pin on the large one is no big deal - it's just a short pin to stabilize the badge (so it doesn't rotate).

Thank You for your information. Do you have any kind of a price range on these so I know if I over paid? I know I am not in the right section for values. Just, wanted to post in the section that would get more attention from people that specialize in these sort of things.

I collect these also! They are both made by two of the more common WW2 makers (Gemsco) and (Vanguard)! As kurt said they could be a little bit after but more likely WW2 era. I started collecting them a few years back and the market was rather strong! Lately these more common example have been bring fairly small sums! The Vanguard Overseas Cap example sells $6-$12 generally (lately on the lower end). The Larger Gemsco Officer Cap Example is also very common Prices Range $10-$20 usually this one has a few issues, the one broken piece and then lots of verdigris, i am going to say value some where around $12! Hope this helps!

I collect these also! They are both made by two of the more common WW2 makers (Gemsco) and (Vanguard)! As kurt said they could be a little bit after but more likely WW2 era. I started collecting them a few years back and the market was rather strong! Lately these more common example have been bring fairly small sums! The Vanguard Overseas Cap example sells $6-$12 generally (lately on the lower end). The Larger Gemsco Officer Cap Example is also very common Prices Range $10-$20 usually this one has a few issues, the one broken piece and then lots of verdigris, i am going to say value some where around $12! Hope this helps!

Is amcraft and gemsco the same company?

Is amcraft and gemsco the same company?

Sorry mis type! I meant amcraft! Still very common all the info is correct!

Sorry mis type! I meant amcraft! Still very common all the info is correct! 

Ok! Thank you for all of your help!

Gerrad