"M" Co 264th Infantry 66th Infantry Division Yard Long Photo

hooahmp2010

This is an original unit photo of M Co 264th Infantry 66th Infantry Division WW2. The back has nearly every members signature on it with their address or hometown which I found to be very interesting. I may add more close up photos later if anyone is interested of the names. Thanks for looking!

post-11538-0-19488800-1481662912_thumb.jpg

post-11538-0-63258500-1481662917_thumb.jpg

Nice! Isn't it great that all the information is there? It's always wonderful to be able to put a name on a face. Is there a title plate in the square box directly beneath the photo? Thanks for posting.

Absolutely. My grandfather is in the company photo as it was his unit before being transferred to the 3rd Infantry Division for the push into Southern France. I should note that the framed photo is actually a copy I had ran so I don't disturb the original as it is very fragile. The signed backing is on the original photo that I put up for safe keeping. Before I had done my research on the unit, since it wasn't the unit on his discharge papers, I simply had it inscribed with his name and years of service. I used a magnifying glass and was able to catch a corner of the unit patch and narrowed it down to two possible divisions. I then emailed a veteran's organization historian from the 66th, who confirmed the exact unit and my suspicions. I may have the engraving re-done to more accurately reflect the find, just haven't done so yet.