WWII Focke-Wulf Fw 190 Fighter Tail Section Bring-Back

Garandguy56

Just picked up this tail section off of a Fw 190 fighter. Looks like it has some nice camo paint on it and the best part is that it has the original owner's name on it (a Lt Colonel but I can't make out the name so if anyone could help that would be very appreciated!).

Enjoy!

post-125130-0-32195500-1481589206_thumb.jpg

post-125130-0-29053100-1481589213_thumb.jpg

Cobrahistorian

Awesome piece! Too bad the Werknummer is scratched out, otherwise you'd probably be able to ID the exact airplane it came from and how it was downed!
A higher res shot of the Lt. Col.'s name and the unit might help. I'm wondering if he was in an AAA unit or an AAF unit.

Great find!

Jon

USCapturephotos

Awesome piece! I just love these. I have one from a downed Me 109 on Sicily. Hope you have luck finding out the name of the US veteran.

Paul

USCapturephotos

Do you know Roger Gaemperle, the German aircraft expert who lives in Switzerland? He may be able to give you more info on the type of FW it came from as he is an expert on FW 190's and Me 262s and a really nice guy to boot.

Paul

Just picked up this tail section off of a Fw 190 fighter. Looks like it has some nice camo paint on it and the best part is that it has the original owner's name on it (a Lt Colonel but I can't make out the name so if anyone could help that would be very appreciated!).

Enjoy!

Nice find. Yard sale find?

Very Nice! Congrats on a great find. I picked up one several years ago and eventually figured out it was off a 190. I got it directly from the vets son. Yours is in much better shape. I think mine came home folded in a back pack.

post-215-0-92891500-1481694761.jpeg

Very Nice! Congrats on a great find. I picked up one several years ago and eventually figured out it was off a 190. I got it directly from the vets son. Yours is in much better shape. I think mine came home folded in a back pack.

Great piece!