Garandguy56

WWII Focke-Wulf Fw 190 Fighter Tail Section Bring-Back

Just picked up this tail section off of a Fw 190 fighter. Looks like it has some nice camo paint on it and the best part is that it has the original owner's name on it (a Lt Colonel but I can't make out the name so if anyone could help that would be very appreciated!).

Enjoy!

post-125130-0-32195500-1481589206_thumb.jpg

post-125130-0-29053100-1481589213_thumb.jpg

Interested in B-29 items, WWII firearms, and US War Bonds Posters

donation2017.gif

Type of plane for reference.

post-125130-0-97950800-1481589756_thumb.jpg

donation2017.gif

Can you get better pictures of the name?

What a super bringback. Simply wonderful.

-Brian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GOT SEABEE ITEMS? PM ME!

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gif

Awesome piece! Too bad the Werknummer is scratched out, otherwise you'd probably be able to ID the exact airplane it came from and how it was downed!
A higher res shot of the Lt. Col.'s name and the unit might help. I'm wondering if he was in an AAA unit or an AAF unit.

Great find!

Jon

In memory of 1LT Julius C. Goldman, XO of F/330th, 83rd Infantry Division 1944-45.

Looking for P-47 and Tactical Reconnaissance Unit photographs and any items associated with WWII Jewish fighter pilots.

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

Awesome piece! I just love these. I have one from a downed Me 109 on Sicily. Hope you have luck finding out the name of the US veteran.

Paul

Do you know Roger Gaemperle, the German aircraft expert who lives in Switzerland? He may be able to give you more info on the type of FW it came from as he is an expert on FW 190's and Me 262s and a really nice guy to boot.

Paul

So far it looks like "Lt. Col. Wm. F. B????"

Check out my online collection of dog tags... http://historicdogtags.com LOOKING FOR DOG TAGS.... CIVIL WAR, WWI, WWII, KOREAN WAR, AND VIETNAM.PM ME IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING! I WILL LET YOU KNOW IF IM INTERESTED.THANKS,USDOG

Great find. Congrats!

Thank you to all that have served our country and to your families that have sacrificed without your presence at home. Thank you to all that have given their lives for my freedom and to their families that suffer. May God bless you!

Thanks, everyone! I'm really hoping to do the research and maybe get an idea of where this came from!

donation2017.gif

If you wet the name a bit with a sponge the name might become a bit clearer?

Money can't buy happiness -- but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a Corvette than in a Yugo.

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

Lt. Col Wm. F. B____________

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GOT SEABEE ITEMS? PM ME!

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gif

Please update when you get more information. What a great piece. Thanks for sharing.

VFW Life Member

MPRA Life Member

AUSA Life Member

American Legion Member

Operation Iraqi Freedom (II & 05-07) "OIF" Veteran

APO 758 was the main APO of 7th Army.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

*Sherlock Holmes in "A Scandal in Bohemia"*

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif
donation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Thanks so much! That definitely helps a bit. Now we need to find a Lt. Col. that lines up.

donation2017.gif

Just picked up this tail section off of a Fw 190 fighter. Looks like it has some nice camo paint on it and the best part is that it has the original owner's name on it (a Lt Colonel but I can't make out the name so if anyone could help that would be very appreciated!).

Enjoy!

Nice find. Yard sale find?

Very Nice! Congrats on a great find. I picked up one several years ago and eventually figured out it was off a 190. I got it directly from the vets son. Yours is in much better shape. I think mine came home folded in a back pack.

post-215-0-92891500-1481694761.jpeg

That's a great and very valuable piece. Great find and thanks for sharing! I'd love to find something like that some day.

JD

AAF Collector...........
**Always Buying WW2 Aviation Related Items: Especially Operation Tidal Wave items (1st Ploesti Raid) ..... WW2 Fighter Ace Related Items.....Higher End A-2 Flight Jacket Groups....AAF Related Valor Medal Groups**

donation2017.gif
donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Very Nice! Congrats on a great find. I picked up one several years ago and eventually figured out it was off a 190. I got it directly from the vets son. Yours is in much better shape. I think mine came home folded in a back pack.

Great piece!

donation2017.gif