ID for This Bullion Hat Badge Please

tom63

This bullion badge was with some US Navy/Merchant Marine hat badges I bought. It is about 2 1/4" high. Can anyone tell me what service it represents? Thanks.

post-9295-0-34681400-1481384254.jpg

Do some searching for insignia from New York State Maritime Academy.. Bears a strong resemblance to their coat of arms..

Definitely a NY badge of some sort. The image in the middle (sun rising over three mountains) is on a lot of NY flags, badges, ect. Probably the NY Maritime Academy like MasterMate suggests although I haven't been able to find the exact badge with anchor. I'll keep looking. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction guys.

I think this may be the answer. Found this photo of an old hat from SUNY (State University NY) Maritime College. It was an eBay item and the guy estimated it's age to about 1900 to post WW1. I'm thinking my hat badge is from around the WW2 Era because it was with several Merchant Marine items from that time.

post-9295-0-55396800-1481564794_thumb.jpg

ShooterMcGavin

It looks like a very old SUNY Maritime cap device, back when it was the New York Nautical School or the New York State Merchant Marine Academy.

Great find, I am a graduate and would love to come across some old SUNYMC uniform items.

The cap looks like pre-1930s to me. Looking at old photos from the WWII years the covers were wider at the peak/top.