KNIGHTS OF THE BLUE NOSE - CERTIFICATE

• 4 weeks later...

These types of certs are fun to see...so much variety. Usually the have the coordinates of the crossing and ship name, but not this one. I assume these were only for those crossing the circle on ship and not flying in, correct?

These types of certs are fun to see...so much variety. Usually the have the coordinates of the crossing and ship name, but not this one. I assume these were only for those crossing the circle on ship and not flying in, correct?

​I'm not sure BRIG. I always thought he was stationed there?

Most of these certs are associate with lat/long crossings...which makes this one interesting. As there was no criteria for unofficial certs, I guess it's whatever a unit wanted, but what was accepted? The Navy was still doing the Shellback ceremony up until a few years ago, when the rituals were banned as hazing, not sure if they're still handing out cards

Most of these certs are associate with lat/long crossings...which makes this one interesting. As there was no criteria for unofficial certs, I guess it's whatever a unit wanted, but what was accepted? The Navy was still doing the Shellback ceremony up until a few years ago, when the rituals were banned as hazing, not sure if they're still handing out cards

​I wasn't in the Navy but what a shame that they had to get rid of that tradition.But to a certain degree I can see why.A buddies dad was in the Navy, early 50's., he got his backed messed up because of the crossing ceremony, got the crap beat out of him. But he never really complained about it.Said it was really the only chance a sailor could go stuff to the officers, that had to go through it.