Bilateral Embedded Staff Team A-14 challenge coin

artur95

Hello everyone. One of the collecting fields that interest me are Task Force White Eagle items. These coins were handed out by members of BEST A-14 to Polish soldiers apart of Resolute Support I. I'm not a fan of the movie, but its still one of my favorites!

Thank you,

Artur

post-50337-0-61833400-1481244334_thumb.jpg

post-50337-0-14067000-1481244347_thumb.jpg

An article describing the work they performed...

Transfer of authority held for Polish Military Contingents

By Ms. Vanessa Villarreal (3rd ID)June 15, 2015

BAGRAM AIRFIELD, Afghanistan, June 13, 2015--A transfer of authority was held today between Polish Military Contingent (PMC) Resolute Support (RS) I and PMC RS II. Also, the Illinois Army National Guard's Bilateral Embedded Staff Team (BEST) A-14 is leaving RS I and BEST A-15 is taking over. All teams make up the Polish military contingent Task Force White Eagle.

The PMC in the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, with allied and coalition forces, trains, advises and assists the institutions of National Defense Ministry and Interior Affairs Ministry in accordance with the guidelines established by NATO. The outgoing PMC unit is made up of soldiers from the 21st Mountain Infantry Brigade and the incoming PMC unit is made up of soldiers from the 10th Armored Cavalry Brigade.

"It has been a pleasure working with you, learning from you, and laughing with you," Commander Lt. Col. Jose Jaques, U.S. deputy commander for outgoing Polish unit RSF I and a part of the Illinois Army National Guard's Bilateral Embedded Staff Team (BEST) A-14 said. "I am proud to state that I am a member of Task Force White Eagle. My team and I thank you for this experience and opportunity. I will take this experience with me for the rest of my life. I will always be proud to call you my brothers in arms."

Seven months ago, PMC RS I began its first rotation.

"On Nov. 15, we disembarked from an aircraft ready to fulfill new tasks ahead of us," Commander Col. Wojciech Marchwica of PMC RS I said. "Becoming the very first Polish Resolute Support rotation, we managed to establish a solid basis for enabling further efficient operations by our successors. Better is a motto word we leave here for you, our successors, wishing you luck and success while facing new challenges. We are deeply convinced that the effort we made here will help you in your everyday service."

"This is the fourth time that the 10th Armored Cavalry Brigade is the core of the Polish Military Contingent in Afghanistan." Commander Col. Adam Luzynczyk of PMC RS II said. "For a majority of us, this is not the first time here. Today, we are beginning our shift as a continuation of the 1st rotation's achievements. I am impressed with the 1st rotation's effort and results. Our duty is to serve the best we can for the next half of a year. As commander of the PMC for the second rotation of the RS mission, I believe we are well enough prepared to accomplish this mission. I guarantee full engagement in this process."

• 4 months later...

Nice Coin, here is a Guidon for BEST A -13

with a slight error it was left at the shop where I was able to buy it

post-1604-0-68762200-1495375632.jpg

Nice Coin, here is a Guidon for BEST A -13

with a slight error it was left at the shop where I was able to buy it

Thanks for sharing your guidon, it's the first one I've seen associated with the teams. It's great!

Movie? More details, please

Whoops, I forgot to mention that it refers to the Expendables movie franchise. The seller said that the American members of the team came up with the design and handed out the coins.