Oldsmobile Keep'em firing poster

trenchrat1918

trenchrat1918

I am home inventorying the goodies that I picked up while traveling for work and thought I would share the first contents of the first package I opened. This awesome poster from Oldsmobile is dated 1942 and measures 30x40. Unfortunately the large size is very hard to display but the graphics are great.

post-160250-0-74943600-1481224024.jpg

trenchrat1918

I don't mind the missing corner, what does bother me is the hole in the top center part of the poster where they put a hung the poster with a screw.

trenchrat1918

I don't mind the missing corner, what does bother me is the hole in the top center part of the poster where they put a hung the poster with a screw.

I'll try this again. I can write complete intelligible sentences, honest. What does bother me is the hole in the top center of the poster where they hung the poster with a screw.

Unfortunately they were considered basically throwaway displays-so the manner to the way they were hung was using whatever means that were available-no matter how crude-staples tacks, masking tape, nails,..::::::: you get the picture. Really sucks that so many were destroyed.

trenchrat1918

Sadly the top center hole is a modern addition. The 'Keep'em Flying poster that I posted was hung the same way with a drywall screw, top center.