11 Pocket WWI Pouch FOR WHAT ?

suwanneetrader

suwanneetrader

Thanks, Do you know if this company and or the Inspector made for USMC or were they all sent to the Army and Marines drew from that stock? I want to find out so as to keep in my USMC collection to to offer on the Forum. Richard

I think they were used for the VB rifle grenades as well.

Typically the USMC versions were made at the Quatermaster but this said the the rule I understand in WW1 was the Marines were issued and used a lot of Army gear and uniforms in theatre due to supply issues and Pershing ordered this if I recall correctly.I have seen Army uniforms with Marine buttons and 5th and 6th Regt patches at wars end.I have a 5th Brigade uniform and the overseas hat is Army (color and cut) woth the ega on it.

I have a WW2 version from Marine DQP and a copy of the packing lable.

There is a wel known photo of a Marine with a shotgun and wearing the DQP pattern grenade vest and appears to hold shotgun ammo.

suwanneetrader

Thanks to all. Well it looks more likely than not that this would have been worn by a US Army Soldier in WWI, so I'm going to list it in our Forum For Sale Section. Richard

I believe that item was designed for VB rifle grenades as has been stated above. Many, many, many were made in anticipation of in of the big 1919 campaign made moot by the armistice. These have been readily available in unissued condition for many years. They typically sell for $20-$30.00.