"I'm an Airborne Ranger, Special Forces, Pathfinder, Air Assault SEAL with a CIB."

MattS

I did a quick search but found no info on this MSG... Do you know his story? He looks like a tough hombre.

No, I don't, a friend of mine sent this to me.

I agree, powerful photo of brave American warriors laying one of their own to rest.

Just my thought, but why wear the SEAL Trident on the right side?

This is the third former SEAL I have seen which transferred to the Army, second which is now in the Special Forces.

Jeff

Just my thought, but why wear the SEAL Trident on the right side?

This is the third former SEAL I have seen which transferred to the Army, second which is now in the Special Forces.

Jeff

Looking at his left chest, I'm not sure where he would put it.

The RVN colors are back on the 5SFGA flash?

Never should have changed in my opinion

The red and yellow colorswere and are a very recognizable symbol of the 5ths heritage and history.

I did a quick search but found no info on this MSG... Do you know his story? He looks like a tough hombre.

Given what he is wearing, there may be reasons why you can't find information on this individual on the internet.

Looking at his left chest, I'm not sure where he would put it.

Regs limit the number of Group 4 badges to three on the pocket flap, so one of his should stay in a draw.

Awesome pic. The guy on the MSG's right is wearing a RANGER scroll for his pocket ID badge, not SF like the MSG.

excuse my ignorance but what does the pocket ID badge symbolize? Have seen combat with that unit?

excuse my ignorance but what does the pocket ID badge symbolize? Have seen combat with that unit?

Yeah, the CSIB is the replacement for the FWTS-SSI (Former Wartime Service Shoulder Sleeve Insignia) more commonly referred to in the Army as the "Combat patch." Since the new ASU (Army Service Uniform) does not use SSIs of any kind, they wanted to have something that was equivalent to the SSIs that used to be worn on army dress uniforms like the previous dress green service uniform.

So they came up with the idea of wearing a metal reproduction of the SSI on the right breast pocket.

Does anyone have a guess why he has a Trident but no Navy decorations?

I'm by far no expert, but perhaps he earned his SEAL trident in the army?