Feedback requested - Purple Heart Book - have I left anything out?

Dave

10 minutes ago, 644td said:

Any updates on the book?

Volume 1 has been available since last year...I'm over 60% sold from the print run, with books being shipped every week. I look forward to shows being a "thing" again so I can actually bring them out and sell them in person. Once that happens, I don't expect the remainder will last for very long.

Volume 2 is on hold, mostly due to my job's COVID-related restrictions on travel (I can't go any further than 250 miles, can't stay overnight, etc.) Once those clear up (or once I retire, whichever comes first) I can photograph the last medals I need and wrap that book up. Then, 12 weeks from then, I'll have those available. So maybe by the end of the year? We'll see...

tdogchristy90
6 minutes ago, Dave said:

Volume 1 has been available since last year...I'm over 60% sold from the print run, with books being shipped every week. I look forward to shows being a "thing" again so I can actually bring them out and sell them in person. Once that happens, I don't expect the remainder will last for very long.

Volume 2 is on hold, mostly due to my job's COVID-related restrictions on travel (I can't go any further than 250 miles, can't stay overnight, etc.) Once those clear up (or once I retire, whichever comes first) I can photograph the last medals I need and wrap that book up. Then, 12 weeks from then, I'll have those available. So maybe by the end of the year? We'll see...

Dave, just to confirm, Volume 2 will be modern medals...Korea, Vietnam, ect?

1 hour ago, tdogchristy90 said:

Dave, just to confirm, Volume 2 will be modern medals...Korea, Vietnam, ect?

Yes, from the Korean War to the present time. 

Honestly, not to pat myself on the back, but I'm very proud of my work on the Korean War chapter. It really makes a previously "boring" war relatively interesting (at least to me!) 

If I could find a late 40's era Cold War Purple Heart, that would be earlier than the Korean War...but I haven't had the time to track any of those down (and there weren't many!)