Need some opinions please

gunner

The advice dispensed so far is sound.

My 2 cents: At some point in this knife's life, someone decided to take a polishing wheel to it. It has aged down but the buffing is obvious. A knife modified like this has little to no collector value. Even at a very good price, this knife would likely sit on a gun or knife show table begging for a buyer.

Most collectors want; 1) as close to mint a specimen as available, 2) a knife that shows honest combat "use", or 3) a knife that has an identifiable "carry" (preferably combat) history. It is in this last category where poor condition knives are most acceptable.

Years ago, when I was a new collector, Norm Flayderman gave me some sound advice with respect to "filler" pieces; "unless an item is of such rarity so as to make finding a better specimen unlikely, it is better to save up your money for a collection worthy piece."

While the knife in the original post is indeed a real knife, barring a carry history, most collectors will want a better one. If you buy it, you may have a hard time selling or trading it when a better one--inevitably--comes along.

Chris

Sad but true with all collectibles . It's still a great piece,but pay the price you can trade it for later? Patience is a good thing as a buyer!