Thought i wouldn't be able to go, but it appears it'll be a Saturday trip. Not optimal, but seeing stuff I'll never afford is the biggest part of it anyway. Now, if anybody has an id'd 5th af aircrew or pilot uniform/grouping and wants 250 or less, look me up! I'm declaring'17 the year of the FLYING BUCCANEERS!

Looking for the following:

452nd and 447th Bomb Group items

Anything 12th Armored- especially uniforms

155th Assault Helicopter Company, Camp Coryell, or Ban Me Thuot Vietnam items[/center]

WWII US Navy Uniforms from the Battle Off Samar: USS Johnston DD-557, USS Hoel DD-553, USS Samuel B. Roberts DE-413, USS Heermann DD-532, USS Dennis DE-405, USS John C. Butler DE-339, USS Raymond DE-341, USS Fanshaw Bay St. Lo, White Plains, Kalinin Bay, Kitkun Bay and Gambier Bay...

donation2011.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2019.gif

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any word on whether the veteran guests will be returning? Last year I was told by someone in the vet area that discontinuing that practice was under consideration, given the age of our WW2 heroes and other things involving logistics, interest, etc.

Have you ever noticed that people who are brutally honest seem to take more pleasure from the brutality than from the honesty?

donation2010.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

donation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

Man i certainly hope not...

155th Assault Helicopter Company, Camp Coryell, or Ban Me Thuot Vietnam items[/center]

WWII US Navy Uniforms from the Battle Off Samar: USS Johnston DD-557, USS Hoel DD-553, USS Samuel B. Roberts DE-413, USS Heermann DD-532, USS Dennis DE-405, USS John C. Butler DE-339, USS Raymond DE-341, USS Fanshaw Bay St. Lo, White Plains, Kalinin Bay, Kitkun Bay and Gambier Bay...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm skipping this year but plan on going next year. I think I will try to make it a biannual trip. San Diego is a long ways away.

On the lookout for Pre-WWI Navy Uniforms

"It's not a mannequin, it's a display form torso!"

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gif

Talked with Bill Combs Friday, he said those members on the table waiting list should be getting notified soon, I sure hope so!

WW1 American items donations always appreciated!

Any word on the attending vets??

I'm making my 1st trek to the SOS, if anybody needs help with fetching things (beer food) or help unloading etc... let me know I'm coming from Alaska and will be ready to help.

See you all there.

Always looking for uniquely marked helmets, WWI and WWII American Field Service items, WWII and earlier USMC items and named or numbered medals and medal groups.

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

post-8016-0-48641800-1578110344.jpeg

I'll be making my second trip this year. I've had the room booked since March and a phone call today confirmed that. Last year (first time) got me hooked and I'm ready to make the 5-6 hour drive from IL.

Mike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

I am always looking for named items to Central Illinois WWI veterans.

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Justin, if your table is where it has been the last couple of years, make sure you have an arctic parka for Thursday when that roll-up door is open.

I requested to be closer to the center with another dealer friend this year....Hope it works out because otherwise I will need a thicker coat!

Ebay Sales: wwii.uniform.collector

Auctioneer Website: http://www.cnymilitaria.com

Facebook Sales Group

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Planning to be there for my first time. I've been looking forward to this for a long time!

Ron

My vices: The American Civil War and earlier US militaria and the Thompson submachine gun...yes, I know that sounds odd.

President, The American Thompson Association

Thompson Collectors Association

Ohio Gun Collectors Association
Michigan Antique Arms Collectors
Sons of the American Legion

Have fun! Wish I could go.... someday!!!

You won't regret going!!

Wiley Winter, TNARNG (Ret)

ASMIC 1290
TMCA

OIF 06-07

In memoriam: 2d CPL Henry H. Winter
Co A, 2d Kentucky Infantry (Mounted), Buckner's Brigade, CSA

Can't wait, FYI - For the modern Special Forces and Elite Unit collector I will have 90% GWOT and 10% WWII - Vietnam War Airborne and Elite insignia, uniforms, kit etc.... at this years show.

Matt
Blood On The Risers Militaria

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

8240th AU - UNPFK - UNPIK Website: https://www.8240th.com

8240th AU Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/8240thAU

Top Dollar Paid For Korean War 8240th AU - UNPFK - UNPIK

We will have the bonfire going by the big doors so don't let a cold breeze keep you from coming over to the big doors corner. There will be many winter specials!

Maybe some Jack Daniels?

Dang! That was cold last year! Let's see....I think we pay the same for a table as the "warm" people.....hummmm. Plus, it really was NOT that cold but the wind was horrible.

And, I'm still so excited that I can't stand it!

Room, check. Ticket for a 7-hour Megabus ride to and from Chicago, check. OVMS membership renewal, check.

I'm ready... Bring it on SoS!

~Sean

WANTED: Philippine Department & Division patch variations, uniforms, & other items.
~In honor of Private Placido Conejos, 14th Engineer Regt. (Philippine Scouts). KIA on Bataan, 02/13/1942

My links: Lolo's (Grandfather's) WWII Service | My Mini-Museum of Sea Lions and Carabaos ASMIC Newsletter Editor (4653) | PSHS Nat. Secretary & Webmaster

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifimage.png.b6b9b30c229769336acc011171a4f63d.png