• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ready to go!! never miss it.

Kurt

!!!! WANTED !!!!

WWII Prisoner of War items : Medals, Mail, Diaries, Photos, Documents, Scrapbooks + More

WWII Naval Aviation Groupings : Medals, Documents, Scrapbooks, Photos, Flight Logs, Flight Jackets + More

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So does mean I can come and scoop up all the goodies in Canada? lol!

I've been contemplating a road trip up to Toronto for that very reason, although December might not be the wisest time...

In memory of Dr. Leo P. Krall, USPHS
USS Uniontown (PF-65)

Interested in uniforms / groupings from Massachusetts and New England veterans

(particularly 26th "Yankee" Division), and original propaganda leaflets from WWI and WWII.

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Lots of WW2 US militaria here in Canada but prices can vary greatly depending on where you look; sometimes you can pick up complete fixed bails for under $100 Canadian, sometimes you can find WW2 painted fixed bail for $200 Canadian, or sometimes a shop will have a junk M1 clone labelled "WW2 paratrooper" for $2500 Canadian :wacko:

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Pat said it best...its a crap shoot....sometimes you win big, other times it's snake eyes....overall most of my collection has come from eBay (US), other collectors, the USMF and the SOS....but hey, come on up and help our economy flourish, it's a great country with lots to see at a 30% discount!! :);)

Rick

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

donation2017.gif

Collector of WWII M-1helmets and WWII Airborne items

Have rooms and we drive 6 hours so no plane tickets to get. But this is what I was thinking last week while getting ready for the TMCA Show....It seems like the SOS was just yesterday and here it is time for another! On Jan. 1 the countdown begins and the show comes very fast...and goes very fast. But it is the highlight of the year as far as I'm concerned.

Keep your weapons dry and I'll see you on the beach!

Ronnie

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

Well, I have spent most of my disposable income already, so that means I'm bound to find something fantastic and out of my price range at SOS! :)

If you haven't been there, you need to go! If you're looking for a centerpiece for your collection or just some pieces to complete your display, you can find it there.

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. "

View my website honoring the men and women of Indiana: http://indianavets.wix.com/indiana-at-war and follow my updates on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/IndianaModernAgeofWar/
Interested in US uniforms? Join the Association of American Military Uniform Collectors! http://aamuc.org/or find us on Facebook! facebook.com/AAMUC.ORG

Two years ago, I brought two MLB baseballs and had a VN, KW, and WWII medal of honor recipient sign both. Then gave one to my brother.

The guys don't mind signing non-paper items. So, if you like this idea, remember to bring any special item you might want signed.

Two years ago, I brought two MLB baseballs and had a VN, KW, and WWII medal of honor recipient sign both. Then gave one to my brother.

The guys don't mind signing non-paper items. So, if you like this idea, remember to bring any special item you might want signed.

I agree. I've taken a WWII fixed bail M1 and a WWII A-9 summer flight helmet with me for the last 4 Show of Shows and have asked veteran guests to sign them. Those helmets are now two of my favorite pieces in my collection. I take a silver permanent marker to use when signing the M1 so the signature shows up. The vets have been extremely gracious.

The veteran guests are one of my favorite parts of the Show of Shows. If you go, take the time to spend time and talk with them.

Have you ever noticed that people who are brutally honest seem to take more pleasure from the brutality than from the honesty?

donation2010.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

donation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

Another one I'll be missing due to work.

Have they done away with 30 Days ANNUAL LEAVE in the Corps? Make plans and make the show, Brig!

Semper Fi! Bob

"I have only two men out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (Message sent by 1st Lt. Clifton B. Cates. USMC, 96th Co., Soissons, 19 July 1918 - later 19th Commandant of the Marine Corps 1948-1952)

Hey zotig111,

The "Freezer Hole"? We must have been neighbors. I was freezing and it wasn't even that cold ...just the wind made it seem colder. It was fine after they closed the doors. I'll be at the same spot this year. Pray for warm February weather.

Steve

Have they done away with 30 Days ANNUAL LEAVE in the Corps? Make plans and make the show, Brig!

Semper Fi! Bob

I lost 16 days last year...that SDA took up my time. This time I'll be missing it because I'll be adventuring around the globe

-Brig
GySgt/USMC/0369
RSU-Quantico

"FOR OUR TOMORROWS, THEY GAVE THEIR TODAYS"
RIP
Sgt Jesse 'Jeff Nasty' Balthaser
Sgt John P Huling
Cpl Carlos 'Gilo Monster' Gilorozco
Cpl Stephen C 'Socks' Sockalosky
LCpl Joshua A 'Scottie' Scott
LCpl Jason Lee 'Birdman' Frye
LCpl Nicolas B Morrison
LCpl Jon T Hicks
LCpl Osbrany 'Oz' Montes De Oca
Pvt Lewis T D Calapini
'The SOI 5'

I lost 16 days last year...that SDA took up my time. This time I'll be missing it because I'll be adventuring around the globe

Now if you can get out of that, you can be the greeter at the USMF table......

www.vintageproductions.com

"A militaria show is a social event for anti-socials" - A.T. 2008

ASMIC Executive President

Table confirmation packet arrived yesterday. It is time to officially starting the planning of what to bring and countdown the days. Can't wait!

Tom K
USMC (VMFA-115) 90 - 96
ASMIC Member
OVMS member (ready for my 16th SOS in 2019)

donation2016.gifdonation2015.gif

donation2014.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2012.gif

My only difficulty is finding a good spot to eat. The Hall of Fame Cafe is decent, but packed. I will recommend Angio's Italian Restaurant. Good and cheap. Sandwiches are better than the pizzas, IMO.

Also, Coconut Beach Tacos by the Stadium. Maybe one of the lamest names for a restaurant, but the owner makes killer mexican food and the beer is cold. They have photos of the food on Facebook. You will be shocked how good it is for a sports type bar. I'll easily eat here twice.

For those that have not been there (and even those that have) this show is truly mind blowing in its scale and scope.

most newbies stop by our tables and say "I have been here all day and I am only half way through"

even last year I was there for days and there were two rows I never got down.

But you gotta get up pretty early to beat Mr.Jerry to the flags!

(but seriously there is enough there for everyone - just bring money!!)

Mr.JERRY
Collector of WWI & WWII Home Front Flags, Unit Flags & Guidons,US & German helmets, insignia, uniforms, medals,

Women's Military Uniforms,Wisconsin Vocational School made Fighting Knives.

Military Shop Owner & Dealer in everything else~!

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

donation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Check out our Facebook page for updates and the latest Shop news!:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-Collectibles-Shop/171226792906875
Visit our website (and visit our shop if you are ever near Milwaukee, WI USA)
http://www.militarycollectorsHQ.com

See what Mr.Jerry has on eBay this week:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/mr.jerry/m.html?_ipg=200&_sop=1&_rdc=1

But you gotta get up pretty early to beat Mr.Jerry to the flags!

I don't know about that, I beat you to a 20 foot tall War Bonds flag a couple of years ago.......

www.vintageproductions.com

"A militaria show is a social event for anti-socials" - A.T. 2008

ASMIC Executive President

The shorts help Bob move around the hall faster than those wearing long pants. Too bad Bob, your secret is out now!

I don't know about that, I beat you to a 20 foot tall War Bonds flag a couple of years ago.......

Tom K
USMC (VMFA-115) 90 - 96
ASMIC Member
OVMS member (ready for my 16th SOS in 2019)

donation2016.gifdonation2015.gif

donation2014.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2012.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Have you always had to be a member of the OVMS to get a table there. I was thinking about throwing my name on the waiting list for next year, but would need to see if I needed to join.

I believe this is the first year that has been a requirement

-Brig
GySgt/USMC/0369
RSU-Quantico

"FOR OUR TOMORROWS, THEY GAVE THEIR TODAYS"
RIP
Sgt Jesse 'Jeff Nasty' Balthaser
Sgt John P Huling
Cpl Carlos 'Gilo Monster' Gilorozco
Cpl Stephen C 'Socks' Sockalosky
LCpl Joshua A 'Scottie' Scott
LCpl Jason Lee 'Birdman' Frye
LCpl Nicolas B Morrison
LCpl Jon T Hicks
LCpl Osbrany 'Oz' Montes De Oca
Pvt Lewis T D Calapini
'The SOI 5'

Have you always had to be a member of the OVMS to get a table there. I was thinking about throwing my name on the waiting list for next year, but would need to see if I needed to join.

From sosovms.com:

12-29-2016 6-56-33 AM.jpg

Only a weak society needs government protection or intervention before it pursues its resolve to preserve the truth. Truth needs neither handcuffs nor a badge for its vindication. -Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy

Peace is not the absence of war, but the defense of hard-won freedom. -Anton LaGuardia

For those of us driving from Indiana to Louisville, be aware that some of the bridges now charge a toll. The price ranges from $2-$12 dollars. If you don't have a transponder, a photo of your license will be taken And the bill sent to your home. There will not be toll booths. For more info, see https://riverlink.com.

" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. "

View my website honoring the men and women of Indiana: http://indianavets.wix.com/indiana-at-war and follow my updates on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/IndianaModernAgeofWar/
Interested in US uniforms? Join the Association of American Military Uniform Collectors! http://aamuc.org/or find us on Facebook! facebook.com/AAMUC.ORG

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be back for the second time this year. My Uncle and I will be driving in from NE Pennsylvania. Two cripples helping each other across country it will be a fun road trip.

Always looking for WW1 28th Division; anything, papers, field gear, uniforms, etc.

donation2015.gifdonation2016.gif