USMC Korean War WIA grouping - present at Chosin

Mach

On this day 66 years ago the Battle of Chosin Reservoir began and I thought I would share with you a grouping I have to a Marine who was present during 'the Corps' finest Hour.

It is a fairly large grouping to a Marine who was a Mortar unit leader in the 3rd Bn, 7th Marines. He served 2 tours in Korea, being wounded on his second tour in 1951.

This is the first grouping I have ever posted on the forum in the 5 years I have been part of this great forum as it took me a number of years to find my feet, do research and start collecting a particular field on which I can focus. I hope to start posting more medals, groupings and militaria in the future related to the USMC in the Korean War.

Here are some highlights of my first grouping.

Nick

post-52016-0-83937800-1480224458_thumb.jpg

Captainofthe7th

Nice group, thanks for sharing, I hope to see more! Really interesting to see the battledress / Vandegrift jacket worn in the field like that. The ROK PUC document is neat.

Rob

Nice group, thanks for sharing, I hope to see more! Really interesting to see the battledress / Vandegrift jacket worn in the field like that. The ROK PUC document is neat.

Rob

Hi Rob

Yes I was a bit suprised myself, usually I see photos of Marines in Korea wearing HBT's or M43's in colder months, interesting to find some wore the Vandegrift jacket.

Great collection of USMC Korean War Uniforms you have there btw! I don't have many myself as I live downunder and the shipping usually kills me however I have a few I hope to share soon.

Nick

Great group, I have an officers jacket that served there and as previously stated, these pieces and that battle are often forgotten and tough to find.

Congrats