USMC camo 'Rigger' Field Gear

camopara

• 1 year later...
'Flage Guy

Camopara, I don't know that the bazooka carriers were necessarily a rigger-made item; mine is in mint condition, and has a green 1943 dated cardboard Marine Corps cutter tag stapled to the flap. Could be that some were made in the field early on by some Rocket Platoon members, then more were reqested from the Quartermaster by the C.O.s. On that note, I've been told by a Curator at the Quantico Museum of a late '43 field requisition order that he read which asked for camouflaged M-2 ammo vests for better concealment of mostar crews. A friend of mine in Texas had one at one time, but had sold it by the time I got wind of it crying.gif

Lot of neat stuff out there!

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
combat-helmets

That is some awesome cammo gear!

I never saw a cammo shovel cover before. Another forum friend sent me the link to this thread.

Another of my freinds scored a killer pack set today with a UNIS marked cammo cover....

Rare does not describle what he picked up!!

Here is my one and only...

post-70-1233721435.jpg

Here is this ones twin, minus the unit markings. The construction of this one and the one I picked up today are exactly the same, very cool!

post-3828-1284244303.jpg

Her is my first aid pouch i found in my attic.

PICT0002-9.jpg

PICT0003-8.jpg

PICT0004-8.jpg

You may have found that first aid pouch in your attic but it was made by one of the best...Phil Hughes of Georgia, at my request. Shovel covers too. I sold them at the SOS about 5 years ago. Still have some.

• 1 month later...