Silencers in combat arms

Bluehawk

What did your Marines think about them?

I think Brig noted that since he has to write an assessment, he doesn't want to make a judgement outside of official channels.

Thanks! High end stuff, for sure.

What did your Marines think about them?

I think Brig noted that since he has to write an assessment, he doesn't want to make a judgement outside of official channels.

I won't go into detail, however I will say the young Marines thought they looked cool in photos

• 9 months later...

Suppressors were used by the U.S. military (the O.S.S anyway) as far back as WW2. Different branches used them on a small scale in the Vietnam war.

Retired Army Noncom

We did use suppressors in Nam and I don't remember anytime that were told while on patrol that ahead we would be ambushed and to put our earplugs in because VA won't honor a hearing loss claim!!!!............ :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear you're having issues with the VA. I've found they are like any bureaucracy and it's so easy to throw in the towel. Keep plugging away my friend.

I won't go into detail, however I will say the young Marines thought they looked cool in photos

Ha!

I know that when I'd go to Pendleton or LeJeune to teach foreign weapons classes they always want pics with the coolest looking weapons even if they were the worst ones... 8^)

Retired Army Noncom

Sorry to hear you're having issues with the VA. I've found they are like any bureaucracy and it's so easy to throw in the towel. Keep plugging away my friend.

I do have a disability claim that pays against hearing loss...100% deaf now in one ear and 25% in the other but that is 20 years of no earplugs.........from small arms to 8in How (SP). Any preventive measures went out the window even when you had pneumonia with a fever 103 and were told, "take two aspirins and drive on sergeant!!!!!!!!" :lol: The good old days............... ;)