Gemsco Army Aerial Gunner Wings

aclfan

Hello,

I bought these wings back in the late 80s / early 90s from amilitary store specializing in WWII items. I purchased several other items, since I was starting reenacting then. I never woukd have thought they might be repros, but since I am getting back into wing collecting, not so sure. As you can see in the pictures, they came in a Gemsco box, but the wings are only marked sterling. Opinions?

post-1720-0-04802600-1479757866.jpg

post-1720-0-48983300-1479757880.jpg

post-1720-0-28946800-1479757893.jpg

post-1720-0-73861700-1479757905.jpg

Looks like an Amcraft pattern wing to me and judging by the pin and fixings it does appear to be a period wing. It would seem the wing and box were united some time later on.

Don't mean to start anything, just trying to learn more about wings. Will have to look into Amcraft - Gemsco discussions to see what that

about.

Not aware of this debate. Has this something to do with Gemsco buying up Amcraft dies or something? It certainly would have been a big departure in style!

It really wasn't an argument as much as a lively discussion--mostly between myself and John Cooper (who used to be much more active on this forum).

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/22267-ww2-gunner-wings/?hl=gemsco

I've always felt that this was an AMCRAFT pattern and he always felt that this was a GEMSCO pattern. Thus we met in the middle with a GEMSCRAFT/AMSCO hybrid.

It is also entirely possible that AMCRAFT supplied the wings that were sold in a GEMSCO box.

P

It really wasn't an argument as much as a lively discussion--mostly between myself and John Cooper (who used to be much more active on this forum).

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/22267-ww2-gunner-wings/?hl=gemsco

I've always felt that this was an AMCRAFT pattern and he always felt that this was a GEMSCO pattern. Thus we met in the middle with a GEMSCRAFT/AMSCO hybrid.

It is also entirely possible that AMCRAFT supplied the wings that were sold in a GEMSCO box.

P

I just had to go stir it up.. :lol:
post-182-0-89105300-1479826124.jpg