Help with Vietnam Name & Army Tapes

37thguy

I have a question regarding Name & ARMY Tapes for our experts out there.

I know that the Gold & Black tapes came first BUT there are cotton embroidered ones, Bevo style, Nylon ones...

What was their order?

Also the name tapes, White were first but then what order for these? Embroidered, green instead of white tape with inked letters, nylon...?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
-Mark

(Mods please move to proper section if this one is wrong)

Here's two examples of unissued period fatique shirts, with as per requirement, the U.S. ARMY tapes sewn on them by the manufacturer before they leave for QM Dumps, this was started sometime in either 1956 or 1957, and would pertain not only shirts but Field Jackets and OG Wool Shirts.

One will of course see these unissued shirts and field jackets in this time frame without the tapes sewn on, but these are I believe non army acquisitions (IE for the USMC, USN and USAF) or are general military acquisitions, haven't quite pinned this last down yet, like something to do with the Department of Defense.

post-34986-0-33234300-1479608770.jpg

A late 50s-mid 60s 1st Pattern.

post-34986-0-85102700-1479608786.jpg

A late 60s-mid 70s example as this one is Cotton Sateen, the new mid 70s Polyblend/Perma Press shirts continued this practice with the tape sewn on.