1ST DECO PATTERN ORBER SNOWFLAKE CLUTCH TYPE - OK?

INIMICUS

hi again fellas - please advise re this wing. it's got some coating that makes it glisten - a tarnish preventative I reckon. also, maguire in his 2nd volume says these were worn in WWI and were popular in the 1930s. as always, comments much appreciated, esp. if it's good news! also, are these pretty desirable? I love the design. thanks loads

post-496-0-24778800-1479424994.jpg

post-496-0-68325900-1479425013.jpg

post-496-0-20487500-1479425027_thumb.jpg

Patchcollector

Nice looking Wing.I wasn't aware that this pattern was worn during WW1.I'm thinking interwar worn,but let's see what the more experienced Wing collectors have to say.

hey thanks, my initial thought too. jon's great book is from '95 and I don't doubt more info's come out since. what say you wing-wonks?

yes I read the thread, a typically fine & useful one. and tho I realize snowy backs are hard to fake, I seek guidance about that which I know little.

• 1 month later...

Hello Gentlemen, This wing is shown in Volume 2 (More Silver Wings, Pinks & Greens on page 66, # G8. It does not say it was used in WW1. It says "This pattern was popular in the 1930s and is seen also in World War II era photographs. This example is not marked, but does have the "snowflakes" back somewhat common on prewar insignia."