Squadron Patch USN? or AAC?

doyler

Found this the other day and bought it as a reproduction.Thought it looked a little to good and the paint to "fresh".It was placed in a clear case so was hard to determie or get a feel for it and I wrote it off as one of the copies maybe from Mexico that were flooding ebay a couple years ago.The ones from Mexico were all done on pig skin and the reverse of the patch was very "porus" looking with the type of tanned leather used.Also many were done in the style of the China Burma India patches...multi construction and sewn.

Anyway.......

Got it in hand and looking at the back Im not ready to write it off.I saw a piece of old masking tape on there with the hand written name and WW2.Some of the other patches I got were also marked in the same manner.

I havent ran the name yet.Im leaning toward a USN related unit/squadron

The parrot riding a bomb or torpedo looks familiar but havent hadtime to dig deep and look into it.

Any ideas here from the members what unit it is??

Hard to get a good picture and may have to try outdoors in nature light.

Thanks in advance

post-342-0-78867400-1479274594_thumb.jpg

post-342-0-34684900-1479274678_thumb.jpg

post-342-0-08294600-1479274712_thumb.jpg

vintageproductions

"Joey the Parrot"

721st Bombardment Squadron, 450th BG Italy flying B-24 Liberators (photo from the lost worlds website - scroll down) http://www.lostworldsinc.com/Original_Army_Air_Forces_Squadron_Patches_2.html

Always thought his name was Jose Carioco or something like that and was part of Disney's Three Caballeros.

The one Steve posted above is the only way I have ever seen originals.

Always thought his name was Jose Carioco or something like that and was part of Disney's Three Caballeros.

Jose Carioca it is!

post-6249-0-53317100-1479334033.png

Thats where Ive seen him, Disney's Mexican adventure boat ride.

Thanks for all the comments and information.

Im guessing the patch posted in post #5 is an older repro from Andrew Butler.I has the typical wool and thread saw on his copies.

The one OCS posted looks like the typical white soft leather used/seen with Italian insignias

For $3 I wasnt going to leave it behind and there were a half dozen navy patches with it all for one money.

Thanks for all the comments and information.

Im guessing the patch posted in post #5 is an older repro from Andrew Butler.I has the typical wool and thread saw on his copies.

The one OCS posted looks like the typical white soft leather used/seen with Italian insignias

For $3 I wasnt going to leave it behind and there were a half dozen navy patches with it all for one money.

For 3 bucks you cant go wrong! Nice Score Ron!