Emblems of Honor, Infantry Divisions Volume II now available

Bill K

Just a heads up for all the patch guys, Emblems of Honor, Infantry Divisions, Volume II: 13th to 35th Divisions is now available.

Here's a link to the sale page: http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/278842-emblems-of-honor-infantry-divisions-volume-ii-now-available/?p=2243172

Thanks again to everyone who pre-ordered, your books have all been shipped. Thanks also to our Contributors, your books will mail this week.

post-359-0-87904300-1479158003.jpg

Collectors who do not buy research materials (usually books) are only doing themselves a disfavor. I understand that you want to spend your money on what you can afford, which is normally entry level, or common, patches. They will ALWAYS be around. They are infinite. These books, and uncommon patches, will not. They are both finite. It has been said that the quality of a collection is not measured in insignia, but the quality of the library that accompanies the insignia.

The first two books in this series have nominal prices and are lavishly illustrated. Images in both books are far superior to what you see on your computer screens. The Kellers have done a remarkable job with their accompanying captions. Even if you did not collect patches, you would understand the captions very easily.

There are numerous examples of patch variants for each division. Many of you will never know what's out there unless you buy the books. You're hurting yourselves in your quest for knowledge. It's not all on the web. Sometimes you have to extend yourselves and go out on a limb. (Research materials never crash, either).

I have been collecting for almost 60 years now and am overwhelmed by the quality of the text, the diversity of the images of both patches and of servicemen wearing them. So many of you are always looking for documentation, and it's in both books in spades. That holds true for the other books the Kellers have written.

You should ALL get yourselves something you want for Christmas or whatever you celebrate next month. Way better than the stupid ties you're gonna end up with.

BILL THE PATCH

I've already forwarded a picture of flyer to all 4 of my kids, I told them no clothes, socks, or any of that nonsense. One of them already asking what shoe sz I wear. I put the brakes on that real fast. Lol so hopefully I will have vol. 1 and 2 for Christmas.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Dave said it well I got my copy yesterday and it is fantastic.A Special Thanks to Kurt and Bill for what they do for the hobby.The most important single thing any collector can own is his or her reference library and the Keller books are a must.Scotty

• 2 weeks later...

Well after what Dave and Bill said, how could i not get those two volumes. They are a great addition to the other books i have in the slow growing reference library on patches.

And i must say it was great friendly service when i ordered them, so thank you again from a collector in Norway.

Ole

• 6 months later...

Bill,

Do you have a tentative release date for Volume 3? I'm looking forward to seeing what you will include on the 38th ID.