M-1942 Arctic Sleeping bag

Dorado

So yesterday I was at an estate sale and I found something I've never seen. A complete M-1942 Arctic sleeping bag system. I bought it rolled up in the cover. I wasn't allowed to open it up and look at the full thing before I bought it. So I took a chance and paid the $25 they were asking. When I got home I unrolled it. It looks completely unused. I have the cover, comforter, and the liner. They all had the same QM tag. I don't know much about these. The tags have the same manufacturer listed, were these contracted to a single company or were they delivered as full systems?

Also, does anyone know how to properly roll these. When I got it it was stuffed into the cover and closed up. I did what I thought was right and rolled the inner bag, then rolled that up in the comforter before putting that in the cover. It fits but the cover doesn't completely close. Next time I unroll it I'll try turning it to see if it closes up completely.

I'll try to get pictures for y'all but it may be a while before I'm able. I'm a bit fresh out of surgery and can't really move it around well.