WW2 US Navy patches (not rates)

Bearmon

I have been collecting these for a while hard to come by as their wasn't really many "SSI" for the Navy.

This is my collection so far, no rates, striker badges or squadron patches just arm patches

First up a white Mosquito boat (PT Boats)

post-582-0-73435800-1478650694.jpg

Those are nice examples.

The Wosk hoarde brought out some of the Pt Boat variations that were a bit harder to find at one time.

the net tender is a stunner and a holy grail to many a navy patch collector

Thanks for posting

I have only seen them in felt not that that means anything.

Yeah me too so far, but seems rather strange that a White version was never made right, I mean they made one in White with the early mosquito version, why not this new version!

Harbor Net Tender is a beauty. I am a Navy patch collector and that patch would absolutely make a collection whole. Of course I am a bit prejudiced,lol. Thanks for sharing. Also very much like the Beach Battalion 8 patch, another very difficult one to find.

post-582-0-13154300-1478650802.jpg

Was there ever a White Cotton Twill version of this patch?

Yes there is a white cotton twill version of this patch. It must be less common than the black version since you seldom see one.

Top right corner, hiding. I will post it by itself when I get home from work. This was the only one that I have come across....not saying that it is rare at all. The wosk hoard has kept me from collecting these.

A white variation of the mosquito hard to find variation was in a lot of patches a few weeks ago...that is mega rare.

post-122868-0-07837500-1478725694_thumb.jpg

Top right corner, hiding. I will post it by itself when I get home from work. This was the only one that I have come across....not saying that it is rare at all. The wosk hoard has kept me from collecting these.

A white variation of the mosquito hard to find variation was in a lot of patches a few weeks ago...that is mega rare.

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

Cool, cant wait to see it close up.