Unknown Army Badge

John F.

I purchased this badge yesterday and have been unsuccessful in finding any information about it. The badge is obviously an US Army Outdoor Recreation Service Badge, but who wore it (military or civilian personnel) and what time period was it used? I know that when I was in the US Army (1989-2011) I use to rent camping and boating items from the the MWR (Moral Welfare Recreation) Outdoor Rec Service frequently and don't recall ever seeing anyone working there wearing one of these badges. Does anyone have any thoughts? If I had to guess the era I would say it was used in the 1970's probably by civilian personnel. The badge is unmarked and measures approximately 2" inches in diameter.

Thanks,

John

post-8650-0-80759100-1478454847_thumb.jpg

post-8650-0-52788100-1478454868_thumb.jpg

I got that, My question is does if anyone recalls ever seeing anyone wearing this badge worked at the MWR office. I would assume that this badge was short lived.

FWIW I was assigned to run MWR (which included outdoor rec) in 1st Inf Div (Germany) mid-80s. Never saw anything like this issued or worn. Might be a locally procured/worn badge and not something used across the Army.