WW1 US Army helmet!

PASGT

Hello

I want to show you my WW1 US helmet, condition is very nice and it is very dusty Ink stamp inside the liner is P.LONG, DATED 12-17

Chinstrap leather is soft and nice

here is the fotos

post-105005-0-58110900-1477997503_thumb.jpg

Very nice! I like how the rough finish on the outside of the shell is still in good shape, and not worn down. Good find.

Very nice! I like how the rough finish on the outside of the shell is still in good shape, and not worn down. Good find.

Yes, Hard to find WW1 helmets like that in nice condition, with liners, chinstraps, untouched finish, thanks for comment! have a nice day.

The liner marking is R H Long, the most prolific producer of m1917 liners.

Is there a marking in white paint on the inside of the dome?

The liner marking is R H Long, the most prolific producer of m1917 liners.

Is there a marking in white paint on the inside of the dome?

Hello, if you mean to look behind that soft pad, I think it is bad idea, bacuse that soft pad is very old and I dont want to ruin it looking behind it .

Hello, if you mean to look behind that soft pad, I think it is bad idea, bacuse that soft pad is very old and I dont want to ruin it looking behind it .

Good thinking. Sometimes, knowing one more thing isn't worth possibly damaging the helmet in the process

Not under the pad, just on the inside of the dome, at the front or back. Some lots of YJ helmets had a white painted letter, either N or P.

Nope, nothing there

Thanks for checking. Whether the marking is present or not helps to narrow down the production dates for the lots, since there is dated documentation related to the painted markings.