Thompson prop gun made of metal and wood

BOLO

http://cgi.ebay.com/Thompson-Replica-Full-...emZ150299638506

KEYSTONE ARSENALS REPLICAS

This auction is for the Military Version Thompson Sub-Machine Gun with a Stick Magazine and Flat Muzzle Nut front sight. This gun is a replica of the Famous .45 Caliber Thompson Submachine Gun. I have 2 versions. Both New and in the Box ready to ship. Check my other auction. This is NOT the crappy plastic spring Airsoft gun, but made from metal and nicely stained and finished wood. FULL WOOD AND METAL, not one piece of plastic. (I mention this clearly, because there are many plastic, and partially plastic versions floating around) The Optional 1 1/4 military width sling swivels are now standard! Very sturdy and will withstand the punishment of WWII Re-enacting. Nice looking wood (European Hardwood with a hand rubbed Tung Oil finish) with a metal buttplate, and a flip up rear Lyman type peep sight. The Bolt locks in the rearward position and slams forward with great force. Just like the original open bolt Tommy Guns. The stick mag has a spring and a working follower, the Drum mag has a spinning spring winder, but no internal springs. This is really an awesome gun!

This gun weighs 9.75 Pounds. Thanks for looking, check my other auctions if you like, and good luck bidding.

Note: We build custom guns for the Military to use as training aids, and for Movies/Museums.

this looks like a well made dummy gun to use for WWII, Korea, Vietnam displays or reenacting

anyone have one? is it a good replica?

• 3 weeks later...
http://cgi.ebay.com/Thompson-Replica-Full-...emZ150299638506

KEYSTONE ARSENALS REPLICAS

This auction is for the Military Version Thompson Sub-Machine Gun with a Stick Magazine and Flat Muzzle Nut front sight. This gun is a replica of the Famous .45 Caliber Thompson Submachine Gun. I have 2 versions. Both New and in the Box ready to ship. Check my other auction. This is NOT the crappy plastic spring Airsoft gun, but made from metal and nicely stained and finished wood. FULL WOOD AND METAL, not one piece of plastic. (I mention this clearly, because there are many plastic, and partially plastic versions floating around) The Optional 1 1/4 military width sling swivels are now standard! Very sturdy and will withstand the punishment of WWII Re-enacting. Nice looking wood (European Hardwood with a hand rubbed Tung Oil finish) with a metal buttplate, and a flip up rear Lyman type peep sight. The Bolt locks in the rearward position and slams forward with great force. Just like the original open bolt Tommy Guns. The stick mag has a spring and a working follower, the Drum mag has a spinning spring winder, but no internal springs. This is really an awesome gun!

This gun weighs 9.75 Pounds. Thanks for looking, check my other auctions if you like, and good luck bidding.

Note: We build custom guns for the Military to use as training aids, and for Movies/Museums.

this looks like a well made dummy gun to use for WWII, Korea, Vietnam displays or reenacting

anyone have one? is it a good replica?

Hi,

this "Tommy" that you have on your image, is made by DENIX(www.denix.es) company from Spain. In our country it have many guys, but for me it isn´t very good, because it´s from bad composite material. Some parts (especially back sights) are to breakable and fall down from the gun.

Hi,

this "Tommy" that you have on your image, is made by DENIX(www.denix.es) company from Spain. In our country it have many guys, but for me it isn´t very good, because it´s from bad composite material. Some parts (especially back sights) are to breakable and fall down from the gun.

the seller says his are FULL METAL & WOOD, he doesnt say anything about plastic or composite material? maybe this one is made by someone else?

I haven't seen one either but I did find one here: http://yhst-5672966975550.stores.yahoo.net/ua22-1092.html It appears they are made by Denix. I have had some 19th century repros of theirs in the past. Not bad, but not something you'd want to be running around with either. They're made from zinc or pot metal of some kind. But for a display, I feel the price for one of these is probably quite fair.

Just keep in mind that these won't be on the same level as the MGC ones, which in turn aren't as good as a real one.

Here's a good photo showing (from top to bottom): MGC, parts kit with solid aluminum receiver, real welded one.

tommys.jpg

They're making great progress in airsoft technology.

It's FULL METAL:

081002-sling03.jpg

081002-sling07.jpg

I have to agree. My son and I went shopping this summer for one of these this summer.. came away empty handed but darned impressed. Any more they have the feel and the weight of the real thing. (I've held enough M-16's in my younger days to know the feel... but my favorite, I almost came home with a $250 imitation M-14!)

Now understand this is not referring to the $29.95 all plastic version you are going to get at Wal-Mart. The better quality ones start at about $75 to $125 and go as high as real gun. But if you want something just to sit there and look pretty with your collection (and occaisionally shoot cans in your back yard) this is a good alternative. It's also good for a public display where you don't want to be worried about some yahoo running off with a live weapon.