ID this helmet

tonycretan

The helmet itself or the unit?Helmet is a APH-6b with one piece rams horn visor housing.Could be a -6C depending on the interior and avionics.Mask is an A-13A(MS22001).

I'm sure northcoastaero will correct if I'm wrong.He is the authority. ;)

The helmet itself or the unit?Helmet is a APH-6b with one piece rams horn visor housing.Could be a -6C depending on the interior and avionics.Mask is an A-13A(MS22001).

I'm sure northcoaster will correct if I'm wrong.He is the authority. ;)

I would like to know the Sqn

Thanks

Tony

northcoastaero

The helmet could be an APH-6C, APH-6CM, APH-6CL, or possibly an earlier variant upgraded to one of these. The reflective tape on the visor housing appears to be a knights helmet visor. Some squadrons that used this were: VMFA-314, VA-27, VA-216, and VA-52. Since your helmet has a boom microphone, I would guess that it could be from the VT, VAW, VS squadron community from the 1970s? Is there any Velcro on the visor housing for strobe light attachment? My guess at this time would be VT-3 Red Knights squadron.

The helmet could be an APH-6C, APH-6CM, APH-6CL, or possibly an earlier variant upgraded to one of these. The reflective tape on the visor housing appears to be a knights helmet visor. Some squadrons that used this were: VMFA-314, VA-27, VA-216, and VA-52. Since your helmet has a boom microphone, I would guess that it could be from the VT, VAW, VS squadron community from the 1970s? Is there any Velcro on the visor housing for strobe light attachment? My guess at this time would be VT-3 Red Knights squadron.

Thank you very much for your response and the info. There is no velcro on the visor housing.

Regards,

Tony

northcoastaero

Probably a APH-6D modified to APH-6CM. Overhauled at NAS Pensacola, FL third quarter of 1974. I think VT-3 Red Knights is

still a good guess. The colors on the helmet could indicate training squadron also. The strobe light could be attached to the

shoulder of the MA-2 torso parachute harness. Possibly why no Velcro on the visor housing. VT-3 would be flying the

T-28 Trojan at this time. Most likely an instructor's helmet because of the dual visor assy.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/agency/navy/vt-3.htm

Probably a APH-6D modified to APH-6CM. Overhauled at NAS Pensacola, FL third quarter of 1974. I think VT-3 Red Knights is

still a good guess. The colors on the helmet could indicate training squadron also. The strobe light could be attached to the

shoulder of the MA-2 torso parachute harness. Possibly why no Velcro on the visor housing. VT-3 would be flying the

T-28 Trojan at this time. Most likely an instructor's helmet because of the dual visor assy.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/agency/navy/vt-3.htm

Thank you so much for your time and help!