Help ID WWII Patches

rockysgoldandsilver

rockysgoldandsilver

Does anyone know what these patches are? I'm assuming the chevrons are master sergeant but I can't find the color scheme anywhere. The other I would guess is some kind of farrier insignia?

post-141295-0-15064700-1477769337.jpg

BILL THE PATCH

The Chevrons are post ww2 Korea era, the farrier is span am era. If not someone will correct me.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Salvage Sailor

Does anyone know what these patches are? I'm assuming the chevrons are master sergeant but I can't find the color scheme anywhere. The other I would guess is some kind of farrier insignia?

Blue & Gold Chevrons 1948 - 1951 by Craig Pickrall

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/15917-blue-gold-chevrons-1948-1951/

Sergeant First Class, not Master Sergeant

• 5 weeks later...
Garth Thompson

The blue chevrons on gold are for combatant arms. There are sets with gold chevrons on blue for non combatant arms.

Garth Thompson

I have a set of the gold and blue chevrons. What uniform would they be on?

Jacob

During the 1948 - 1951 time frame when these chevrons were used the Army was still using the WW2 style OD uniforms.

During the 1948 - 1951 time frame when these chevrons were used the Army was still using the WW2 style OD uniforms.

Thank you

Jacob